Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client supports Video Conferencing, Audio Visual and Information Technology. Due to continued growth, they now require an Audio Visual Technical Support Engineer who will be working at their HQ in Essex. Although most days will be working away from the office primarily on customer’s sites.The Audio Visual Technical Support Engineer will report to the Head of Technical Support Services but will also work closely with the other departments within the business.
The main responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
• Carrying out support visits to our client’s customer sites across the UK to perform investigations & resolve issues.
• Dealing and taking ownership of our client’s customer support calls from receipt to resolution.
• Keeping our clients customer informed of progress of support tickets.
• Keeping our clients Service Desk system updated with the progress and action on support tickets.
• Testing and preparing AV equipment for installation.
• Assisting the teams with VC/AV installations.
• Work often involves early starts and/or late working hours and you will be required to stay away overnight in the UK and potentially abroad.
• Working with our client customers on projects and producing solutions for our client’s needs.
• Keeping up to date on AV equipment and the AV industry.
Qualifications and Experience
The position holder will ideally have previous AV experience in supporting our client’s customers over multiple sites. Must be familiar with AV equipment such as Crestron, Poly, Shure & Displays. Familiarity with Microsoft products, administration, and licensing models would be an advantage.
The right candidate must be prepared to travel to our client customer’s sites regularly. Take ownership of issues and can work unattended. Needs also to be a team player with a "Can Do Attitude". They will also need to have a proactive, methodical approach to problem-solving and a flexible approach to working hours.
A Full clean driving license is essential. This is a full-time role.