Jacobs Massey Ltd is committed to conducting our business in a manner that is both professional and ethical, whilst at all times paying due attention to our environmental responsibilities. Implementing the following will enable us to discharge these responsibilities:
- Strict compliance with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
- The organisation of our operations in order to minimise pollution and disturbance to our neighbours and the general public.
- The efficient use of materials and resources with particular regard to the long-term sustainability of consumable items.
- The establishment and maintenance of management structures within our company with specific responsibility for the implementation of environmental policy.
- Regular management reviews of the content and implementation of environmental policy with the objective of achieving best practice at all times.
We are committed to our environmental policy and environmental protection. The policy will be implemented in all that we do via the aims and objectives stated in this document. The objectives set out in this policy cannot be met effectively without the full co-operation of our staff and agency workers, our clients and other business associates. Such co-operation is required from all Jacobs Massey Ltd personnel and requested from all those with whom we interact.
Environmental aims and objectives
As a leading recruitment company, we recognise the part we have to play in the protection of the environment in which we live and work. Wherever possible we promote the use of sustainable resources whilst going about our day-to-day activities. In our capacity as a business and employer, we aim to:
- Ensure the effective management of resources thus reducing our impact on the natural environment.
- Foster employees’ environmental awareness and concern, and integrate environmental management into training.
- Encourage the participation of our staff, candidates, suppliers and clients in our environmental efforts.
For us to achieve ‘Environmental Best Practice’ at all times, we must set in place specific strategies and processes. Although not exhaustive, the following list highlights some of the key issues that are considered in our operational activities:
- Seek to prevent pollution.
- Seek to minimise waste.
- Identify and manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Provide prompt response to environmental incidents or emergencies.
- Encourage proactive responses to external organisation sponsored environmental initiatives.
This policy applies to all employees, agency workers and suppliers. The success of this Environmental Policy will involve the commitment and support of all stakeholders.
The Directors, as business quality champions have overall responsibility for ensuring the correct application and implementation of this policy.
This Environmental Policy will be reviewed each year, unless new legislation is introduced that needs to be reflected in the policy.