Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Audio Visual Design Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of design, consultancy and installation projects from the point of sales handover. The Audio Visual Design Engineer will work closely with the rest of the engineering and delivery teams to ensure all tasks are being delivered in a timely manner. They will be responsible for both completing and delegating design and engineering tasks to Engineers within the team, signing off completed work as compliant as well as issuing technical documentation.The Audio Visual Design Engineer works under the direction of the Head of Department and will work collaboratively to deliver design ambitions and ensure our client stays at the cutting edge of technology and design ambition. We have a robust and supportive project structure so the Senior AV Engineer will always be supported by the Project Manager and Technical Consultants.
• To lead the system design of key design projects from inception to completion through the RIBA stages. This includes liaising with the client team, coordinating
o design submittals and identifying suitable technologies for the project’s needs.
• To meet with designers, survey sites and provide expert technical guidance and advice in deﬁning the AV solutions that will best suit their design intent.
• To coordinate the timely completion of design submittals including client-facing functionality descriptions, equipment speciﬁcation, costing schedules, electrical loading schedules and cabling information. When delegating, the lead AV Design Engineer will be responsible for the documentation produced and should review all works as required.
• To gather project feedback for the Design and Engineering Team to ensure continuous improvement on design and installation projects.
• To investigate existing and new technologies to improve the solutions being speciﬁed through our design and installation work.
• To work collaboratively with the rest of the engineering and project team, coordinating workload, sharing knowledge and offering support as required.
• To lead the design and coordination engineering on installation and service projects as and when required.
• To support new business proposals by assisting with the technical evaluation of design solutions and tender submittals as needed. This may include attending client meetings where technical input may be required.
• To actively support the completion of the team and individual objectives. These will be deﬁned quarterly and reviewed with the relevant line manager.
Experience / Qualifications
● A minimum of 5 years relevant Audio Visual engineering experience is preferred, but strong candidates with less experience will be considered
● Both 2D and 3D CAD experience.
● Extensive understanding of projection physics and the latest technology.
● An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
● Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
● Good understanding of IT and networks.
● Experience in Google Workspace would be advantageous.
● Positive, enthusiastic and pragmatic in approach.
● Highly motivated and proactive.
● Demonstrates excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
● Strong team player with a team orientated approach.
● Detail focused with excellent attention to detail.
● Professional manner with the ability to effectively communicate with suppliers, clients and stakeholders.