Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The company is a rental house, supplying specialist film equipment to film and TV production companies worldwide. They also offer managed storage, maintenance, and technical support services to film crew working in the film and television industry. This is a growing company, with a commitment to innovation, technical excellence and customer service which has quickly established them as the leading specialist in their field and they service many leading feature film franchises, high-end TV productions and TV commercials, in the UK, Europe and across the world.Job Description
The role of Technical Manager is a senior-level position with a broad remit. Primarily you will oversee our Kit room department which is responsible for the day-to-day outfitting of highly specialist rental equipment, as well as sitting across strategic procurement and future business development objectives.
The successful candidate will be required to understand the full workings of our kit room equipment, from preparation through to troubleshooting kit for D.I.T, video packages, video transmitter equipment, networking, comms equipment, monitor calibration and a number of other services.
The technical manager will lead our kit room team in preparing, maintaining and designing our film equipment packages and providing technical support to our operators and technicians remotely via phone, messaging, and email.
This role requires someone who easily understands technology, enjoys building and testing AV technical equipment and is interested in keeping up to date with the latest hardware and software releases, whilst also managing a team, prioritising workload and delegating tasks.
This role would suit someone who has worked in broadcast and/or live events, or on film sets.
More specifically, someone who understands film technology, DIT, Video Assist, RF equipment and VFX equipment with an understanding of the mechanics of film production. An awareness of software such as QTake, Livegrade, Silverstack, Adobe packages and AVID, would be beneficial as would a thorough grasp of database and logistical software.
• Manage the team of Kit Room technicians
• Building and testing AV technical equipment for hire to film productions.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues with equipment in the warehouse
• Providing remote technical support to operators in the field via phone/Slack
• Working in conjunction with the Technical Director to research new equipment and make procurement decisions.
• Work with our engineering department to design and troubleshoot technical systems.
• Management experience essential
• Technical experience in a similar industry.
• Conscientious and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility – the company priorities change unexpectedly, the candidate needs to be able to change duties at short notice, in line with the business needs
• Discretion - working in sensitive areas of film production
• Computer literate - competent with iOS programs, MS Office including Excel and Word, with the ability to learn new programs and applications quickly
Desirable but not essential
• Interest in electronics
• Higher education
• 42.5 hours average per week, within our main hours of business - with the flexibility to work outside of these hours if required.
• Monday to Friday – occasional weekend hours may sometimes be required
• Holiday 28 days per year including bank holidays