Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have a new opportunity for a Service Cover Engineer, who will be based at various sites within the London area. This individual will need to develop into the role highlighted below, with a view to providing break-fix engineering support of fully integrated conference rooms, boardrooms and large complex environments such as auditoriums/video walls. His/her responsibilities generally include the operation and functional testing of all AV and integrated conference room components/equipment. The Technician works in cooperation with the customer’s management team in support of their equipment and user community.Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks to help maintain customer spaces including but not limited to: testing/repairing cables, testing/repairing various hardware components
• Clean various AV equipment including but not limited to camera lenses, monitors and equipment fans.
• Ensure equipment delivery and associated responsibilities for assigned assignments
• Responsible for job documentation as needed
• Field installation of control programs (AMX / Crestron/Firmware) – upload and download capability
• Field service support of networked devices (Routers, IP Protocols, etc.)
• Perform service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner including but not limited to: pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projects and hanging ceiling mounts
• Assist next level service technicians as needed
• Provide client training as needed
• Setup and troubleshoot various audio/video systems.
• Working within a team shift pattern set out by the AV Team Lead
• Performs other AV related tasks as directed by the client
• Work with internal/external teams in a professional manner that reflects the values
• Travel to various job sites as required
• Occasional support for cover tech team – this includes meeting room set ups and live event support.
• Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities:
• Effectively communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
• Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Basic computer knowledge
• Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video and control
• Ability to manage small to medium projects
• Ability to solder & crimp connectors
• Minor programming capability (AMX/Creston) – changes and troubleshooting
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of 2 years of AV experience.
• Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
• Preferred external training:
- AMX Intro to Networking for AV Professionals
- AMX Programmer I
- Crestron Professional Installation
- Essentials of Crestron Programming Certification
- Exton AV Associate Certification
- InfoComm Quick Start to the AudioVisual Industry
- InfoComm CTS General Certification
• The role is a 40-hour week between the hours of 07.00 – 19.00, Monday to Friday.
• Flexible hours may be required to provide cover. Working hours are subject to change to meet future requirements.
• Occasional Out of Hours work and/or Bank Holiday work may be required. Overtime can be claimed by prior arrangement and must be accurately logged and communicated.
Pension & Healthcare
• Pension and Healthcare benefits will be offered after the successful completion of a probationary period.
• Smart/casual office attire