Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for the implementation, provision and support of all Information and Technology services within the company. The department is a business services function that supports and contributes to the objectives of the company. Members of this department are expected to fit into the companies culture and be committed to providing a high quality of service to our clients.The company is embarking on a global and challenging program to replace disparate document management systems with one global SaaS based solution. This is a complex program and will impact the entire Firm.
Working as part of a major global program, the GDMS Project Manager is responsible for several critical workstreams within the Global Document Management System Program including Systems Integration (circa 35 integrations), Applications, Mobile Applications and Image Build.
The GDMS Project Manager will be responsible for managing all phases in the life cycle from discovery and analysis through to successful delivery of the in-scope workstreams utilising internal resources within the IT organisation and third party suppliers to deliver a harmonised enterprise wide solution within the company.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing resources in a matrixed environment, ensuring proper resource allocation to complete
project deliverables on time and within budget. The Project Manager will have frequent communications with all stakeholders, including vendors, end-users, Project Mangers responsible for other GDMS workstreams and the GDMS Program Manager to ensure awareness of project status, progress, alignment across the Program and dependency management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage multiple, ongoing, and interrelated workstreams to achieve program goals. Coordinate and prioritize resources across business and technology areas. Ensure timely approval and onboarding of third party resources.
• Organize and manage requirements, scope and timelines from workstream inception to completion.
• Responsible for providing project management services and expertise within the Global Document Management System program. Lead workstream teams in implementing solutions through the entire life cycle.
• Responsible for maintaining frequent and direct communication with stakeholders, IT teams and Program teams to define and agree requirements, develop scope and estimates, monitor and control delivery, and resolve impediments effectively and efficiently.
• Work closely with other IT resources, business stakeholders, and Project Managers across the IT organization to ensure effective resource planning.
• Ensure activities are fully planned, monitored and reported; Ensure all project controls including change control, RAID management, financial management, deployment governance (i.e. Change Advisory Board processes) are adhered to.
• Liaise with the Application Support Team (the "owners" of the Global Document Management System) to ensure full engagement and sign-off to all deliverables.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and aim.
• Ability to attain a good overall technical understanding of a solution.
• Be results oriented and able to drive things forward from inception to delivery.
• Have good attention to detail and genuine curiosity to learn, question and challenge.
• Ability to motivate and maintain team interest and focus to deliver
• Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
• Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with aggressive deadlines.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes or set backs on a project.
• Have a strong understanding of software delivery life cycle, including project initiation, mobilizing resources in a matrix environment, business stakeholder engagement, requirements analysis, transition to service delivery, etc.
• High-level understanding of technical architecture and infrastructure.
• Have an understanding on the process required to define and deliver a new Windows 10 image
• Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to both team members and clients, verbally and in writing.
• Have experience with Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Ten years of full end-to-end IT project management and delivery experience.
• Experience working in a law firm environment, or alternately a similar professional service or consulting culture is preferred.
• Experience of working successfully with global and remote teams and as part of a major transformational change program
• Experience with creating and maintaining an in-progress schedule of all assigned development and implementation projects and breaking tasks down into manageable work packages to ensure smooth project delivery.
• Experience with requirements gathering, analysis and mapping to technical solutions for both applications and infrastructure delivery, including systems integration and Windows 10 image build.
• Experience with risk, issue, assumptions and dependency management.
• Experience with project budgeting and working effectively within agreed project budgets.
• Experience with producing project documentation to high quality standards, including design specifications, test plans, project plans, status tracking, input to Governance meetings, etc.
• Experience in ensuring compliance with change control procedures.
• Experience creating and managing IT stakeholder engagement and communication strategies.
• Experience with the coordination of complex platform testing.
• Commercial consulting / client facing experience.
• Certification in Prince2 and/or PMP is preferred.