Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Thank you for viewing this role, due to the current situation this position has been put hold. However if you are interested in this opportunity and would like to register your details with our client please apply.
New opportunity looking for a Senior or Junior Technician to join a hard working company that specialises in short term AV Technology rental.
- All jobs are recorded
- Urgent jobs are addressed first
- All items returned by customers are correctly recorded as having been received
- Items are checked in and paperwork completed
- Details of items being prepared for customers are checked
- Deliveries and installations are co-ordinated to ensure cost effective delivery
Answer incoming technical support calls and assist customer in overcoming their software or hardware problem. This will include:
- Working through the problem methodically.
- Assuming the customer has very limited computer knowledge until it becomes obvious what the extent of their knowledge is.
- Not making the customer feel embarrassed about lack of knowledge or the fault that has occurred.
- Remaining calm, pleasant and confident with the customer at all times.
- Solving customer complaints to their satisfaction.
- Ensure all swap paperwork is correctly completed.
Service and maintain PCs to the highest possible standard ensuring reliable performance and operation for rental customers. This will include:
- Upgrading and configuring computers to clients’ requirements.
- Installing software as required and appropriate.
- Visiting clients to attend to onsite technical issues.
- Undertaking the re-imaging of computers (to original factory spec).
- Servicing returned computers as per documented company procedures.
- Organise for repairs of faulty computer equipment and peripherals.
- Ensuring all work is completed on time and in the appropriate manner ensuring that goods are returned to ‘stock’ (or customer) with minimal delay ensuring invoices are not generated for equipment already returned (or not available for the customer to use)
Install computers and peripherals at client sites as required. This will include:
- Portraying a positive, professional attitude and appearance of yourself and the company at all times.
- Being efficient in the use of time and resources.
- Do not talk down to customers who are not computer literate. Make the customer feel important.
- If you experience difficulties with an installation phone the office for assistance.
- Maintaining correct vehicle log records.
- Ensuring you have sufficient technical equipment and spares with you at all time.
Ensure that you understand and are capable of installing, servicing and operating videoconferencing equipment.
Undertake such deliveries and collections as may be required of you from time to time.
- Load van with orders ensuring easy access to equipment bearing in mind delivery sequence.
- Place protective material as appropriate to protect equipment in transit.
- Carry sufficient technical equipment, spare parts, cables and equipment (projector, laptop) to ensure effective installations and to facilitate delivery of urgent orders that may arise while you are doing delivery rounds.
- Ask for the contact person at the delivery address.
- Always act in a friendly and helpful manner towards customers.
- Ask for assistance from customers when delivering heavy equipment.
- Obtain signature for goods delivered and collected.
- Maintain accurate records of time taken for deliveries, installations and collections so that clients can be charged for additional time if necessary.
- Maintaining correct vehicle log records.
Maintain accurate and complete records of all duties both on premises and off. This will include:
- Recording of courier information to ensure goods are accurately received and dispatched.
- Maintaining service records of equipment to ensure warranties are claimed where appropriate, PCs are serviced within acceptable guidelines and returned within a reasonable time. Ensuring that faults are sufficiently documented as to be able to explain the problem succinctly to third party servicing centres.
- Maintaining internal database records of equipment incoming and outgoing to ensure all components of systems are tracked both in-house and while on-rent ensuring equipment is not lost.
- Accurately stock-take (and oversee) the use of consumables etc and advise as required when additional purchases are necessary.
Provide sales staff with product knowledge, capabilities of equipment etc as required. This will include:
- Maintaining up to date product knowledge (for new equipment) and knowledge of (existing equipment) features/functions as required to inform sales staff of ability of equipment to meet customers requirements.
- Maintaining an awareness of components stocked and ability of individual machines to be modified to suit various requirements.
Communicate accurately with all staff regarding all aspects of the job. This will include:
- Informing sales staff of ability to meet deadlines.
- Informing other technicians of known problems, updates available etc.
- Informing management of equipment needs, hazardous environments, potential problems etc.
Ensure all jobs are performed in the order that they are required. This will include:
- Ensuring customers needs are always put first (above any other).
- Ensuring jobs which are required ‘urgently’ are processed in the order they are required rather than as they are received from the sales department.
- Ensuring sales staff are aware of ability to meet deadlines.
- Ensuring accounts staff receive paperwork in a timely manner allowing them to prepare paperwork in time for the customers deadline.
- Develop a personal relationship with clients over the phone and during installations, treating them courteously at all times.
- Promote the business in a professional manner, ensuring the customers are provided with flexible, friendly service.
- Keep abreast of changes in technology, the industry, competitor activity and the market environment.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards in all behaviour.
- Exercise duty to control risk, promote quality and maintain profitability where reasonably possible.
- Act openly and honestly in all matters.