Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
New and direct opportunity that is based in the heart of London to work for one of our corporate clients. We are searching for an AV Systems team leader to be responsible for assisting with installing, configuring, operating, and maintaining AV systems and services in our clients London offices.ROLE OVERVIEW
The AV System Team leader also manages the UK AV team which consists of 4 technicians and 2 contractors. The AV Systems team leader advises and manages the AV portions of any new build or refurbishment on an International level. The AV Systems team leader may also be asked to assist other offices with their Audio/Visual needs. The role reports to the Senior Manager of Global Audio Visual Services.
Effective communication and coordination with attorneys, business services employees, clients, and outside vendors and contractors is an essential part of this position. This person will be expected to interact closely with Client Hosts and Office Services team members in the seamless delivery of AV services. The role is a very hands on role and is more a leader on the pitch than a leader from the side-lines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Looking at the daily schedule and setting daily tasks for the team to ensure all work is evenly spread between the team.
• Assisting with the delivery, installation, operation and retrieval of Audio/Visual equipment for daily meetings and firm events in the London office in accordance with the daily conference room schedule and ad-hoc last minute requests.
• Operating complex Audio/Visual systems integrated with video conferencing, projection, audio, video recording, playback, and remote control devices.
• Assisting with the coordination of Audio/Visual support for firm events held at public facilities, which may include interaction with vendors and other facility support staff. This also includes being involved from the organisation level and planning meetings.
• Operating video cameras to record firm programs and events; performing video and audio duplication, including media labelling and documentation.
• Researching, identifying and the implementation of new technologies, equipment, and network services related to video conference and Audio/Visual services firm wide.
• Full involvement in projects involving refits and new builds of HL INTL offices. Involving site visits and commissioning.
• Assisting with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving Audio/Visual equipment and connectivity issues. Looking for trends and providing long term fixes for recurring issues.
• Assisting with maintaining a thorough inventory of Audio/Visual equipment and supplies, and monitoring the repair and replacement of non-working, damaged and/or obsolete equipment.
• Providing backup support for firm-wide multi-point video conferences, which may include consulting with attorneys, business services employees, clients, and vendors to determine requirements, and monitoring meetings as required.
• Interacting with partners, attorneys, business services employees, office administrators, and clients, and providing individual instruction in equipment setup and operation when needed.
• Scheduling, launching, and troubleshooting web conferencing applications (e.g., WebEx).
• Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop video conferencing applications (e.g., Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Skype for Business).
• Dealing with issues raised to the team leader regarding other team members and dealing with aggravated users where issues have occurred.
• Consulting with INTL offices regarding upgrade and budgets
• Collating budgets for all INTL offices into one document.
• All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to operate and monitor videoconference equipment, establish point-to-point and multi-point connections, and interconnect auxiliary equipment; Experience with Cisco/Tandberg systems is preferred.
• Ability to set up, interconnect and operate Audio/Visual equipment, including LCD projectors and screens, multimedia decks, cameras, audio mixers, microphones, and public address systems.
• Ability to establish firm and client computer connections to the internet and/or the firm’s Intranet, and to upload and operate PowerPoint presentations.
• Ability to integrate meetings with web and audio conferencing.
• Ability to perform all functions related to audio/video media duplication, including basic editing and accurate media labeling.
• Ability to operate complex Audio/Visual systems integrated with video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback, and remote control devices.
• Ability to operate portable videoconference equipment, establish point-to-point and multi-point connections, and interconnect auxiliary equipment such as computers and document cameras.
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve Audio/Visual equipment and connectivity issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organisational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent customer service skills, able to maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times. Including dealing with agitated users and dissolving tense situations via written and oral communication.
• Good working knowledge of WebEx and other web conferencing applications.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and media presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with wireless presentation and streaming technologies.
• Ability to work in a highly demanding, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
• A good general level of fitness with the ability to lift heavy loads in a safe manner, using specialist equipment where appropriate.
• Managing team members and being able to deal with team members who may need discipline or encouragement.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets and finances for both project and budget purposes.
• Work closely with the global AV teams to keep working practices uniformed as much as possible and set out and maintain implementation of firm's standards.
• Knowledge of the project process and working with Project Managers assisting in the design and implementation of Audio/Visual equipment and services in refit of existing offices and for new builds.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Minimum five (5) years' experience in Audio/Visual industry required.
• Experience of team leading/people management is preferred
• University degree is preferred but not essential
• Major Law firm experience will be an advantage.