Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client sells, installs and maintains a wide range of audio visual and conferencing solutions to mainly corporate and government customers throughout the UK and Europe and they are now looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their friendly and expanding team.You will ideally have an engineering background with a proven track record of project managing audio visual or videoconferencing installations into corporate and government environments and will have good verbal and written communication skills.
The role will include hands on management of the projects, carrying out the essential post sale, pre-installation communication with the client or fit out company and engineers, as well as producing drawings, RAMS and O & M packs.
As our client are a relatively small company that is continuing to expand, the role is varied and often fast paced, making it both interesting and rewarding. As the Project Manager you will work closely with our Technical Sales team, Installation engineers and Project Administration team to deliver the solutions to our clients.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• You will possess a fundamental understanding of audio visual system functionality and installation process and techniques. The role includes the production of elevation drawings, cable schedules and system schematics, so experience of CAD or similar is essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical and other project related issues.
• You will ideally also have experience of and the ability to install equipment, terminate cables etc.
• Ability to generate timely, concise and effective business correspondence.
• Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to: engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports or commissioning documents.
• You must be proficient with Microsoft office , including word, excel and outlook
• Ability to interact with customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
• Effective time management and attention to detail.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence and be eligible to work in the EU.
The role is office based in the South West, with travel to customer locations as required.