Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client is looking for an experienced AV Technician to be responsible for delivering a superior quality audio visual service across two 5 star Hotels locations (to include the delivery, installation and derigging of equipment). Utilising your live event AV skills and technical knowledge, you will provide a high level of customer service and promote a positive image of our client at all times.Primary responsibilities:
• Deliver a 5 star service to both the hotel and its end customers.
• Develop a good working relationship with colleagues and hotel staff.
• Meet and greet customers before meetings start to ensure they are happy with the equipment set up.
• Achieve the customers’ expectation of our clients contribution to their event through professional standards and excellent service delivered with a "can do" and proactive attitude.
• Instruct customers on how to operate equipment provided where necessary.
• Always be well groomed and smart on site.
• Supplying and setting up of all Audio Visual equipment on a daily basis at the Hotel.
• The Duty Technician DECT phone must be carried at all times while on site.
• Oversee daily duties & tasks to which you are assigned from kit preparation to the completion of onsite events.
• Undertake Technician duties as required including overnight stays when necessary (this includes covering the Out of Hours shifts, standard hotel coverage and general overtime as required to include early mornings, late evening and some weekend working).
• Making sure that the sales desk and storage rooms are kept in a clean and working condition at all times.
• Ensure the consumables stock is in good supply at all times.
• Operate as lead technician on jobs where possible
• Ensure all administration is dealt with in the proper manner and passed to the correct department.
• Undertake general equipment repairs and maintenance procedures.
• Carry out stock-takes as and when required.
• Ensuring all items are accounted for before and after each event by following proper security, storage and transportation procedures.
• Report any equipment missing from stock immediately to your line manager.
• Check upcoming jobs to anticipate equipment shortages
• Looking ahead to ensure that all equipment is available for onsite events.
• If the kit is not available, to inform HQ and organise it to be shipped down or cross hired in time for the job.
• Assisting in the loading/unloading of vans or trucks
• Attend staff meetings when required.
Revenue Generation & Management
• Upsell our services whenever possible.
• In the event the account manager is absent, attend sales meetings, production meetings and site visits.
• Must attend weekly BEO meetings at hotel you are covering.
• Communicate any on site Audio Visual equipment requests promptly to the account manager so that they can be dealt with and the order/invoice amended as appropriate.
• Produce bills on a daily basis when required.
• To assist the account manager from a technical perspective when quoting.
• To prepare quotes on Rental Point for both customer and operational requirements when required.
▪ Teamwork – works well within a team environment providing leadership when necessary
▪ Communication - communicates professionally and effectively at all levels (both in writing and verbally)
▪ Good organizational and time management skills – prioritizes effectively, works systematically to deliver a quality product on schedule
▪ Initiative and enterprise - sets own targets, fully engaged, actively seeks and creates solutions
▪ Technical ability - effectively acquires, applies and imparts specialist, technical and professional knowledge
▪ Customer Focus - understands customer needs and aims to exceed expectations
▪ Adaptability/Flexibility - adapts to facilitate the needs of the business
▪ Positive can do attitude -demonstrates engagement and enthusiasm for the task at hand