Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Great opportunity for a Senior AV Technician / Supervisor seeking career progression within the corporate sector. In-house AV supoort, live events and video production. London based, 35 hour working week + excellent benefits package.Purpose Of The Job:
To organise, monitor and report on the provision of a comprehensive and flexible first line meeting room support for AV equipment including Crestron control systems, projection, IT, live audio, and audio mix to camera, incorporating the provision of a proactive fault finding role to eliminate any interference to customer meetings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To organise the team of AV Technicians to provide efficient and effective support to the customer with the use the equipment within their meeting environment, inclusive of any ad-hoc reactive requests the customer may require.
2. To manage a planned and reactive workload, assigning tasks as appropriate and advising when resourcing issues occur. To source temporary resource as necessary to ensure the provision of service.
3. To act as a focal point for communications, acting as the technical lead when required with a thorough understanding of the limitations of use the exist for the equipment onsite.
4. To act as point of escalation for the AV Technicians and assist as necessary with respect to first line fix of all AV related equipment, and fault management from engagement to completion.
5. To be responsible for ensuring that regular checks are implemented and completed by the AV team as part of the provision if a robust proactive maintenance service and to reduce reactive issues occurring during client events.
6. To assist and support the customer with the logistical planning and implementation of events across the London HQ.
7. To maintain and update both manual and computer records relating to areas of which the AV team are responsible.
8. To assist in the compilation of predefined reports, which form part of the contract and customer requirement.
9. To administer quality management system documentation and ensure compliance.
10. Liaise with the customer and the rest of the AV team to create accurate quotations for additional services / subcontractor led repairs.
11. To undertake general office duties relating to the contract including:
Correspondence and filing
Minutes of meetings
Updating of electronic records
Material ordering and administration
PPM / System support
12. To undertake the training of staff as and when required.
1. Reporting in directly to the Operations Manager
2. This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility.
A good basic education is essential, with at least GCSE passes in Maths and English.
Higher educational qualifications to ‘A’ level/HNC/D or degree would be beneficial.
Good PC/Mac based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook – intermediate to advance level.
PowerPoint and Access.
3 years experience in a similar role.
Competent working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel).
Significant experience fault finding with in depth knowledge of Crestron, NEC, Extron, Revolabs, Sennheiser, Barco Clickshare, WebEx or similar.
Previous experience of using Planon, Condecco, or Concept job management software.
Excellent verbal and good basic standard of written communication skills.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Good organisational skills.
Sound numeracy and basic computer literacy.
Able to work systematically and use own initiative.
A commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus.
Results / task orientated.
Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Competence and consistence approach.
Committed to the delivery of excellence of customer service.
Reliable and committed.
Confidential and discrete approach.
Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure.
Calm manner, able to work under pressure and against rapidly changing demands and priorities.
Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Smart appearance. Being flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time.
40 per week
Core Working Time:
07:00 – 16:00, 08:00 – 17:00 and 09:00 – 18:00 with unpaid lunch break of 1 hour.
5 per week. Monday to Friday
6 months: SSP only
2 years: 5 days pa
2 years to 5 years: 10 days pa
5 years + 20 days pa
25 Days per annum, plus statutory days, through the holiday year which runs 1 Jan to 31 Dec each year.
The Company offers membership of a contributory Group Personal Pension, with matched contribution levels of up to 3% from employer and 3% from employee.
4x annual salary (Group Personal Pension fund members)
2x annual salary (non-pension fund members).