Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
As a result of our clients ongoing success and continuous professional development, we are looking to expand our team and take on an experienced Audio Visual Engineer. To be considered for the position you must have experience in the design and engineering of audio visual systems in the leisure industry such as theme parks and visitor attractions.Due to the nature of our projects, we offer limitless opportunities to implement a creative and design-led work ethos and an opportunity to play a key part within an innovative and varied team.
As a company we provide a very specific and unique design and build service within the leisure industry and specialise in all aspects of the design and build process within theme parks, visitor attraction, museum, gallery and retail markets around the world.
Your practical experience should include extensive knowledge of the full range of audio visual equipment and be fully conversant with the use of audio visual technology typically used in such systems.
Your responsibility will include the following:
• Producing tender document bids and work closely with the design team to deliver technical solutions based on the creative brief
• Ensure accurate pricing of components, labour and associated costs in delivering the project
• Consider risks, project resources and implementation methodology to ensure the timely delivery of projects on budget
• Design audio visual technical drawings in sufficient detail for installation by the AV team
• Contribute to the design and implementation of solutions to meet customer and contract requirements.
• Assist with the testing and commissioning of AV systems
• Ensures that handover documentation to the operational team is fit for purpose and current to meet customer and contract requirements.
• Be fully conversant with health and safety, and ensure that such requirements form an integral part of the design
As an experienced audio visual engineer you should be proficient in the following areas:
• High level of proficiency in the use of Autocad
• Fully capable of interpreting client’s requirements and to translate these into a proposal
• AV system design to detailed level
• Full design for costing and technical proposal documentation
• Installation drawings, cable schedules, wiring diagrams and rack build design
• Wiring schematics and numbering schemes
• Communicate with manufacturers/suppliers to help support the AV design process
• Liaise with sub-contractors for quotes and survey support
• Be able to produce technical writing for proposals and tenders
• Fully conversant with show control programming such as Alcorn McBride, AVStumpfl and Dataton or similar
• Familiarity with conducting and writing site surveys
• Ability to interpret lighting designs and to implement these within an automated installation
• An understanding and ability to integrate show special effects such as motion platforms, animatronics, mechanical effects, and theatrical special effects
• A good understanding IP networks, video projection, projection mapping, theatrical lighting, audio and video is a necessary reqirement for the role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in more than one of the following areas
• Visitor centres
• Theme Parks
• Corporate AV
A good understanding of special effect technology, these should include:
• Mechanical effects
• Dome projection
• Hydraulic, pneumatic and electric motion platforms
• Smoke machines
• Water effects
• Lighting special effects
A degree in Electronic engineering
The role is a varied one and will require you to travel internationally. Our clients range from city corporate firms to museums and theme parks and as such, you will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the project working closely with our creative design team, the client and subcontractors.