Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The AV department is responsible for overseeing AV arrangements for all conferences and meetings held at our client venue – both those organised by the Academic and Conferences sections and those organised by external bodies hiring our client facilities.OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The AV department is responsible for overseeing AV arrangements for all conferences and meetings held at our client venue – both those organised by the Academic and Conferences sections and those organised by external bodies hiring our client facilities.
The role requires setting up, operation and support of the audio-visual facilities (and users of those facilities) in the AV control room and all lecture theatres and meeting rooms and other areas.
- Provision of high quality, professional and knowledgeable AV support to the users of the our client’s facilities before, during and after an event.
- Providing first-line support, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification of minor faults and problems as and when they occur.
- Liaising with clients both internal and external to provide advice and guidance for their audio visual requirements for future meeting and event bookings
- Maintaining the cleanliness and presentability of all AV rooms, stores and equipment
- Minor repair, maintenance and routine servicing of AV equipment.
- Updating and maintaining on line records and databases.
- Email management
- Using all opportunities to promote and sell AV services Co-ordinate ad hoc market research to ensure knowledge on market place situation
- To ensure the security of all AV equipment in the building whether owned by our client or hired from nominated suppliers.
- Other duties compatible with employment may be given by the Senior AV Technician or AV Manager or other our client line management.
- Competent provision of high quality, professional and knowledgeable AV support to the users of the our client’s facilities before, during and after an event.
- Working closely with the Senior AV Technicians and AV Manager
- Working with the Support Services Events office and staff in the Academic Department to ensure efficient communication between clients both external and internal
- Working with 3rd party suppliers to ensure smooth combination of service provision from them and the in-house team for the client.
- Identify and optimise opportunities for upselling AV services to internal/external clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- A demonstrable independent interest in AV/IT technology
- A customer focused approach and good team working/collaboration skills
- A passion for constant improvement through learning and innovation
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
Ability to use and therefore demonstrable experience of using/facilitating, the following:
- Data projectors/display systems
- Audio/Video players/recorders/mixers
- Video cameras
- Audio mixers, DSPs and amplification systems
- video/audio editing (particularly Adobe Premiere, After Effects)
A high level of computer literacy including knowledge and experience of using related computer software, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint and video/audio playing/editing software.
- Touch screen control/patching
- Video conferencing hard/soft codecs
- Interactive voting systems and meeting apps
- Stage and studio lighting set ups
- Knowledge of IT networks and how AV equipment/networks interact with them.
- Experience in a similar working environment while deploying all-round AV technician skills