Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This is a brand new role looking for a Multimedia Architect. The Multimedia Architect is responsible for conceptual and functional design of current and future multimedia and conferencing systems, and incorporating relevant systems into scalable and cost effective unified communications services. This includes video-telephony, voicemail, instant messaging, presence, and video conferencing and editing across a broad spectrum of technologies and tools. The role will assess and deliver relevant standards, tools, processes, monitoring, compliance and reporting to support the organisation efforts in real-time Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration and Audio-Visual technologies.This position requires the candidate to have extensive and varied multimedia design and build experience, and also have deep technical grounding of infrastructure platform components to allow the integration and development of support processes and procedures around evolving and emerging technologies and vendors in the unified communications and multimedia industry. The position works closely with engineering peers in various teams including Voice, Mobility, Networking, Data Center, and Client systems. The position involves hands-on technical expertise designing, deploying, and maintaining Unified Communications and Voice over IP technologies on a Cisco designed network.
• Evaluating new systems and technologies to increase service levels and reduce costs.
• Contributing to projects to deliver new multimedia and unified communication services.
• Technical escalation contact for users, more junior team members and other teams.
• Responsible for contributing to good working relationships between the Unified Communications, Multimedia and other IT teams, and the user community in general.
• Responsible for performing preventative maintenance.
• Responsible for providing high quality support to users for multimedia and unified communications services.
• Responsible for communication of planned maintenance to other IT teams and users.
• Responsible for complying with approved policies and processes defined by other groups, such as, but not exclusively, the security team.
• Maintaining inventories and complying with licensing agreements.
• Responsible for resolving incidents in accordance with Service Level Agreements and escalating where appropriate.
• Responsible for preparing high quality documentation.
• Define, architect (design), and implement enterprise communication and meeting solutions such as, email, voice, video, chat, and teleconferencing.
• Configure, troubleshoot and support complex UC deployments. Identify technology gaps, recommend architecture/product changes to ensure platform performance.
• Ensure maintaining of high availability and stability of all Collaboration and Voice/Video Infrastructure technologies supported.
• Serves as a subject matter expert within the Cisco Unified Communications environment including voice, video, IM, CUBEs and Gateways.
• Perform infrastructure system management, consulting, design and integration functions across multiple Unified Communications and Collaboration products.
• Conducts and leads complex root cause analysis to correct systems, applications, software and hardware that are not compliant with design documents.
• Works closely with associated technology groups to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes.
• Manage AV vendors and support teams across offices using well defined SLAs.
• Develop routine maintenance and patching schedules to keep UC and multimedia systems at highest uptime.
• Provide Engineering and Service desk staff with technical support and roadmaps of the UC and multimedia systems.
• Accountable for providing high quality solutions to integrate the organisation’s unified communications & multimedia services and technologies.
• Accountable for keeping current on developments in unified communications and multimedia technologies, products, practices and trends.
• Provide users of the organisation with reliable communications by addressing all issues concerning the organisation’s needs for audio, visual, video conferencing, editing & producing, and progressive multimedia technologies. Provide assistance organisation wide across all offices.
9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with flexibility in accordance with the needs of the business.
On call 24x7 approximately 1 week in 4.
• Extensive experience in advanced multimedia technologies, including experience in video editing and production.
• In-depth experience of Cisco Video Communication Server – Control and Expressway, Cisco Telepresence Server, Pexip VMR server, Codian MCU, Telepresence Content Server and Cisco
ISDN Gateway. Configuring Cisco video conference endpoints.
• Knowledge of video conferencing end points, Polycom HDX/RealPresence Group, Cisco SX/EX, Cisco 8000 series phones.
• In-depth experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IM and Presence Service, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Attendant Console, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified Border Element, Cisco voice routers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Skype for Business/Lync.
• Substantial experience working with telecommunications networks. Strong knowledge of voice and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation.
• Knowledge of telecommunications protocols, communications and standards, H.323, SIP, E.164.
• Experience supporting online conferencing tools such as WebEx, Skype for Business, Zoom, Ramp, etc.
• Exposure to mobile telephony solutions.
• Good understanding of the design of global Voice over IP telecommunications infrastructure.
• A history of working in a demanding multimedia and telecommunications environment is essential. A professional services background is desirable.
• Relevant Cisco Collaboration accreditation is preferred.
• Extensive familiarity with voice/VoIP technologies including Cisco UC, UCCE, CUBE, Video.
• Extensive knowledge of WebEx, WebEx Teams (Spark), Jabber, IOS Voice Gateways, QoS, IOS, SIP, H.323, MGCP, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP also required.
• Knowledge of High-Availability computing and networking (load balancing, TCP/IP,DHCP, DNS).
• PowerShell, and/or other scripting tools experience preferred.
• Deep technical expertise in messaging, video, voice, web conferencing (e.g. Skype, Vidyo, Blue Jeans), and IP telephony technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems preferred. Relevant industry experience is acceptable.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Able to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet strict
• Thorough by nature with a keen attention to detail.
• Client focused with the ability to develop good relationships.
• Able to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people.
• Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.