Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Direct Staff appointment. Responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and error free AV services that meets the needs of the organisation, covering both internal / external clients within client facing and internal meeting / training rooms within London HQ.Job Title: AV Services Technician
Hours of work: Shift rota between 07:00 – 19:00, 35 hours Monday to Friday. Some out of hours & weekend work (flexibility required)
Responsibility for the delivery and support of the organisations AV Services provision
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To identify areas of improvement and achieve the optimum balance and integration of service across the offices, devising and implementing appropriate changes whilst ensuring client/customer needs are fully met.
• Set up, prepare, configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment for meetings and events dealing with all technical aspects.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems within recognised timeframes.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
• Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Build and maintain a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
• Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup in conjunction with the Advanced Bookings team.
• Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make basic repairs as necessary.
• Tag or label AV equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
• Support the Video Production Specialist to produce, dub, edit, and copy all AV media, uploading this to Vimeo and the local Intranet.
• Develop effective customer (Facilities, IT, Events and Marketing) relationships, acting as the key point of contact, initially meeting and discussing AV/VC requirements, organising and preparing equipment and presentation proceedings, supporting such presentations as required, trouble shooting defects and providing first line breakdown and basic maintenance support of AV equipment.
• Develop opportunities within the AV Services to add value, working closely with Facilities team and support departments and suppliers as required.
• Provide on-going training to internal staff and assist with preparing training material.
• Preferably qualified to NVQ level 3/ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline.
• Previous practical experience in an AV or IT/communications environment.
• Advanced understanding of current telecommunications technology, with specific reference to VoIP and unified messaging technologies
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems and application deployment techniques
• Understanding and ability to support telephone systems, mobile connectivity /communications, programming and operation
• Must have a demonstrable track record of the following technical skills encompassing hardware, software applications and communications:
o Previous experience of fault / problem resolution within a desk side Windows domain networked environment
• Advanced level of technical competence in all relevant subject areas.
Must be able to demonstrate hands on experience of:
• service culture and customer focus;
• Must be IT literate to a high level, numerate and have well developed presentation skills.
Should have a good understanding of:
• All aspects of Audio Visual Service best practice, including Health & Safety;
• Data/LCD & HD projection, sound, integrated control systems and video conferencing, telephone conferencing equipment and presentation software and set-up (including MS PowerPoint, Mac technology and Mac Software);
• ISDN, VoIP and other telecommunications networks and equipment;
• Current service suppliers and equipment in the marketplace and latest technological advances and innovations.
• Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware.
• Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience ideally with Cisco VC equipment.
• Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
• Mechanically and electronically inclined.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
Must be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Sets challenging performance standards and objectives for self.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of achievement drive in facing challenges and achieving excellence
• Self-motivated and confident
• A team player who is able to act on instructions.
Committed to Highest Level of Customer Service
• Demonstrates a real desire to anticipate customers’ needs by going beyond the routine provision of service
• Responds quickly and positively to the needs and requests from customers with the ability to prioritise workload based on customer requirements
Effective Decision Making:
• Handles problems by actively identifying practical solutions that suit customer requirements
• Anticipates problems and takes preventative action
• When making decisions, assesses all options and selects the most appropriate given customer and business needs
• Makes decisions in a timely manner
Learning from Experience:
• Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge and skills required for enhanced performance
• Seeks ongoing feedback (positive and negative) and acts on it
• Keeps people well informed and up-to-date on information in order to achieve objectives
• Literate with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to ensure understanding
• Capable of communicating effectively at all levels