Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This an amazing opportunity for an individual to join a 32 strong team supporting our clients London-based facilities within a specialist AV Team of 4. As an Audio Visual Technician you will ensure excellence is being delivered to the business. This direct staff appointment is working for one of our global corporate clients with fantastic benefits. APPLY NOW!!!Key responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below – there may be others which are not listed. This role will be on a shift pattern of 07.30-18.00 and require some working outside the normal working hours when the firm requires.
- Installation of specified Audio/Visual equipment into rooms (such as projectors, screens, televisions, video players, DVD players, plasma screens, flip charts, whiteboards, video cameras, portable video conference systems, audio conference phones, lecterns etc.).
- Installation of specified IT equipment into rooms (desktop PCs, laptops, printers, monitors, keyboards, mice etc.).
- Report faults to Audio Visual Manager and where necessary arrange with the service/maintenance provider to attend site to rectify.
- Provide technical support and advice for room users requiring network, broadband, Wi-Fi using the plug and play ports.
- Set up video conference calls, acting as liaison with external companies and maintaining records of these calls.
- Loading up of presentations/documents onto laptops.
- Removal of all equipment from rooms after end of session.
- Provide room user support for the AV systems in the rooms and throughout the building.
- Provide technical support for MediaStar TV distribution system and change channels as requested.
- Provide support and where required training on the Audio/Visual equipment to internal or external users. 1st line maintenance of Audio/Visual equipment
- Maintain store of Audio/ Visual equipment and regularly test that it is operational.
- Deal with equipment requests and make/edit/amend bookings for equipment on Manhattan space scheduling.
- 1st line maintenance of Audio/ Visual equipment e.g. changing projector lamps, cleaning air filters.
- Provide support for Partners’ meetings, internal and external events on site when Audio/Visual equipment has been set up.
- Actively liaise with all Client Facilities departments, learning and development, premises and technology to resolve issues relating to the rooms (e.g. facility faults, booking queries).
- Check that all areas are clean, tidy and liaise with relevant persons to ensure standards are maintained.
- Set up and support Video and Audio recording of sessions when requested and provide copies of this in required format.
- Set up and support Video and Audio recording sessions for editing and production purposes.
- Create on line training sessions using Qumu combining Video and Audio footage with PowerPoint.
- Undertake video editing of captured footage of recorded sessions using Adobe Premiere Pro where required, to provide a seamless, professionally produced edit to be used with Qumu for viewing on Intranet or other media format.
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional
services environment. We also require candidates to be:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of
- Audio/Visual and video conference equipment;
- Excellent client facing skills;
- AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS certification or willingness to attain it.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, spoken and presentational), working well within a team.
- Strong focus on adding value to the firm, remaining solution focused when dealing with challenges
- Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness.
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken including good use of grammar.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals.
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative.
- Flexibility with hours is necessary when the work of the firm requires it.
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles.
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst
- fostering an inclusive team culture.
- Well presented, requirement to wear uniform in line with the firms grooming guidelines
The AV Technician will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
Technical & professional expertise
- Demonstrates core knowledge and experience in a specialist area
- Service excellence
- Highly receptive to queries and requests, even when interrupted
- Drive to deliver
- Keeps a number of tasks or projects on track simultaneously and completes them on time
- Analysis & judgement
- Exercises judgment and makes decisions within well-defined processes
- Communication & influence
- Presents information in a clear, well-structure and logical way
- Working with others
- Draws on strong working relationships with colleagues in other teams to assist own work
- Copes with the pressure of tight deadlines and heavy workloads demands, remaining focused and effective