Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Technical Estimator will support a sales environment in the preparation, creation and administration of tenders, bids and pre-qualifications.As a leading global audio visual systems integration company; our client has developed a very large portfolio of clients, crossing all market sectors, over six continents.
Outline Job Spec:
- Supporting a sales environment in the preparation, creation and administration of tenders, bids and pre-qualifications, etc.
- Preparing engaging, professional and business-like copy for use in the tender preparation
- Developing relationships with manufacturers to ensure most up to date product information is available to all parties
- Provide a pre-construction role involving site and office based coordination with the client team and key interfaces to establish detailed working drawings in order to handover to the appointed project manager for implementation
- Bid preparation
- Meeting with sales colleagues to take the brief and understand the sales arguments
- Agree timetable of preparation and work assigned with sales manager
- Administration and coordination of tenders in support of the sales manager
- Working as part of the estimating team providing cost advice & outline/detailed design to verify tender submission
- Supporting the sales division in the timely fulfilment of tenders and the correct submission to the client
- Assist in the standardisation of design and products
- On-going liaison with the appointed Project manager and Financial Manager regarding design changes and cost advice
- Working knowledge of current AV systems, associated IT elements and their installation (including AMX, Crestron, Extron, audio DSP, Video conferencing)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a friendly and helpful approach
- Administration skills including typing and reporting using Office applications
- The ability to deliver under pressure with minimum supervision
- To communicate effectively with people at all levels
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to delivering the role
- Experience of meeting targets and deadlines and working under pressure
- Problem Solving
- Able to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & progress priorities.
- Ability to use SAP