Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This role demands a candidate who is both competent and has previous experience in servicing and repairing a wide variety of sound, video and lighting equipment.The Role:
This role demands a candidate who is both competent and has previous experience in servicing and repairing a wide variety of sound, video and lighting equipment. Site visits to service/repair equipment are a part of this role so on-site experience is essential. Strong technical skills are required together with the ability to quickly understand new or challenging equipment. Product training will be provided as appropriate however the ideal candidate will display a proactive approach with regard to improving their product knowledge and keeping up with technical trends within the industry. Participation in the out of hours 'on call' rota is expected. Previous applicants need not apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake pro-active and re-active service visits for fault finding and maintenance of equipment on clients' premises
- Carry out on site repairs on client equipment if practicable
- Carry out bench repairs at our client site on customer equipment.
- Timely and accurate reporting for all service, maintenance and repair work carried out
- Provide telephone support in answering technical questions for equipment and systems.
- Participate in the call out rota to facilitate out of hours support to our contracted clients.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve servicing accuracy and efficiency.
- To ensure all equipment is serviced in a manner that complies with all safety and other electrical legislation.
- To follow procedures as laid out by the Tech Service Manager and our client as a whole at all times.
- To liaise with account handlers on the feasibility and availability of replacement equipment for hire to our service customers.
- Assist colleagues with general warehouse duties including the assistance of other departments/divisions of our client
- To ensure that Health & Safety guidelines and policies are adhered to at all times.
- A good technical knowledge of Lighting Systems with a technical background within the Lighting or AV industry.
- A full operational and technical knowledge of lighting systems and system components is essential, and demonstrable ability to apply this knowledge
- Strong customer-focus and understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client's site.
- IT / Networking skills.
- Good working knowledge of DMX, networking, dimming & basic electrical theory.
- Experience of Portable Appliance Testing (C&G2377 or equivalent
- Excellent fault finding skills and an ability to think laterally
- Good use and understanding of test equipment and tools
- Good soldering skills
- Ability to work at height
- Current PASMA, IPAF and ECS card desirable
- Able to hold and achieve full Enhanced Disclosure and Barring checks "' these will be carried out and are a requirement of the role
- Full clean driving license desirable
Personal Competencies and Behaviours:
- Literate and Numerate
- Able to follow detailed instruction and carry out tasks accurately and unsupervised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a polite and friendly manner when dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- A good team member
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines is an everyday reality in this role so a calm and organised manner is essential.
- Good time keeping and attendance record
- Ability to adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to common work related tasks.
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects our client core values of dependability, knowledgeability, friendliness, adaptability, customer focus and honourability at all times.