Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client is a leading AV integrator that is searching for an experienced AV Service Engineer to cover our clients the London. The successful candidate will carry out all aspects of AV maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance.The engineer will be part of an existing established efficient AV service team that comprises of a number of field based engineers as well as an in-house customer support team that provides cover all over the UK.
Working as part of an efficient service department they will be working predominantly in the Greater London area. On occasions they will be a required to work out of hours and at weekends, where overtime will be paid so we need someone who can be flexible.
There would be an initial training period where the candidate will learn all aspects of the company policies and procedures and before heading out on their own will shadow one of the existing engineers.
All tools and test equipment will be provided by our client.
The service engineer will be responsible for all onsite fault finding and diagnosing failures and take corrective action to repair where possible whilst onsite.
AV Maintenance is a growing part of our client’ s total customer offering, so the need for a high-calibre, forward thinking, experienced AV Service Engineer is key to our success.
Due to the nature of the role and the geographical region to be covered, the candidate must live within the M25.
Our client will work together with their employees and put in place dedicated training plan. They will allocate time to complete any training they believe would improve skills. This would be provided via online, in house and manufactures training courses.
The candidate must have the following skills as a minimum:
• PC Literate including Office and outlook
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of AV maintenance procedures and repair
• Good inter personal skills, with exceptional communication skills
• Be enthusiastic in the field of Audio visual
• Have a can do attitude
• Good planning and organisation skills
• Work proactively and logically and be able to work under pressure
• Great attention to details
• Full clean driving licence
Role, Skills and Responsivities
• An excellent audio visual background is essential along with a good knowledge of control systems and how they operate
• Reactive Support calls to client sites
• Preventative maintenance visits
• Completing clear and full written job reports on our CRM system following client visits
• Communicate identified faults in a clear and detailed manor back to the helpdesk
• Great customer facing skills with the ability to explain faults and fixes in easy to understand language
• An understanding of networking including switch configuration for control systems, AV over IP and Dante systems.
• Experience in setting up, commissioning and fault finding Audio DSP’s from some or all of the following manufacturers – Any completed training in these area’s would be a great advantage.
o QSC Q-SYS
• Experience using soft codecs such as Skype for Business, Blue jeans and Zoom is a plus
• Hands on fault finding and set up experience with the following Control system
(Please note whilst we do not expect the candidate to be able to carry out any physical programming we do expect them to be able to fault find and repair faults using associated programs and software such as Extron product configuration, Crestron toolbox, DM Tools or AMX Netlinx Studio.
We also expect the candidate to be able to upload existing control code to the following control manufactures.
• Fault Finding AV systems both which are Analog and Digital including video signals such as HDMI, Display port, DVI, VGA
• Strong audio background
• Cable verification, termination & soldering skills, Audio, Video, Ethernet, control, Crestron DM & Extron DTP.
• Experience in setting up and diagnostics of Video Conferencing systems.
o Polycom end points and infrastructure.
o Cisco VC and infrastructure.
It would be beneficial, but not essential to have the following:
• Control system programming experience
• Knowledge and experience in AV equipment installation
• Hands on experience of Digital signage system such as Onelan & Tripleplay
• IPTV system experience (Exterity & Intevi)
• CTS Qualification
• Health care
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life cover insurance
• Company Van
• Laptop & Tools required for the Job
• Mobile Phone