Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This is great opportunity for an Audio Visual Technician to join directly a Professional association organisation. To provide customer focused AV support for a full range of courses, meetings, conferences and other live events. This role is based in central London. Closing date for application is Friday 8th March.The Audio Visual department comprises of one Manager and two Technicians, who provide the technical support for all of these meetings.
Hours: Permanent contract. A 35-hour week, hours to be agreed on a weekly basis depending on activities. Hours will normally be weekdays between 8am and 6pm although some evening and weekend work will be necessary. Time in lieu or paid overtime will be awarded for hours worked over and above 35 hours per week.
• To provide high quality, customer focused, meeting room support. This includes setting-up and testing a range of mobile and fixed AV equipment such as laptops, data projectors, LCD monitors, audio recorders, teleconference phones and Polycom video conferencing equipment.
• To provide intensive and high quality, customer focused support of large conferences and live events. This includes the management of PowerPoint presentations, movie files and the control of various microphones, via a digital mixer and the control of the stage/house lighting.
• To liaise with internal and external clients in advance of their events, in order to fully understand their requirements and successfully fulfil them on the day.
• To provide 1st line IT service desk support as needed, including user setups, room and equipment installations, checks and remediation as well as supporting VC checks and services.
• To arrange the hire of additional AV equipment, when requested by the clients.
• To meet and greet both internal and external clients on the day.
• To carry out video shoots and audio/video editing, for in-house media projects.
• To undertake photography and I.D. badge creation.
• To undertake lecture-capture, using a media-recorder.
• To support the occasional surgical courses, when required. (Training will be given).
• To assist users, by demonstration and advice, how to use the AV/IT equipment.
• To be proactive in terms of health and safety: advising the AV Manager when AV equipment is in need of maintenance, reporting any faults or broken items of equipment.
• To assist the AV Manager with the upkeep of equipment inventories and the purchase of AV consumables.
• To assist in keeping the projection rooms and AV storage areas clean and tidy.
• To provide cover for AV staff on courses, on leave or sick. To be flexible in order to be able work early mornings, late evenings and weekends, when required.
• To keep up-to-date with current and emerging AV technology.
• Knowledge and understanding of AV equipment and infrastructure.
• General understanding of IT to GCSE level.
• Relevant experience of working in an AV environment.
Skills and abilities
• Familiarity of using most of the following meeting room and conference equipment:
Laptops/notebooks/tablets and Apple Macs
Data projectors and LCD Monitors
Video cameras and digital SLR cameras
Sound amplification equipment
Cabled and wireless microphones
Digital sound mixing desk
Audio (MP3) and Media (MP4) recording devices
Polycom Videoconference systems
• Experience of working with modern AV systems such Crestron/Extron switching, ‘AV over Ip’ technology and Dante audio systems. Part of the role will be to assist the AV Manager to plan and test systems for our new building.
• A good level of computer literacy. This should include experience of using AV related computer software, particularly PowerPoint, Rendezvous (or similar booking applications) and Adobe sound/video/graphics editing software (or similar).
• Ability to demonstrate the use of AV equipment to users.
• Ability to diagnose and rectify technical faults.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to work as part of a small flexible team.
- Personal effectiveness
• Takes ownership and organises self to deliver results
• Is reliable, consistent and demonstrates a positive "can do" attitude
• Solves problems by selecting from well-defined procedures but exercises discretion on the most appropriate response
• Is skilled and knowledgeable in own functional area
• Seeks improvement and takes responsibility for self-development
• Communicates courteously, clearly and effectively with colleagues and external customers
• Adapts communication depending on audience needs and desired outcome
• Influences successfully across the organisation and beyond
- Working together
• Builds good working relationships
• Contributes to the success of the team
• Demonstrates a commitment to equality of opportunity and dignity at work
- Customer focus
• Provides a high quality customer service
• Builds rapport with customers and treats them consistently and well
• Adapts own ways to meet customer needs
- Managing change
• Adapts to and manages change effectively and supports others in doing the same
• Is open-minded and seeks innovation