Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This is a direct staff appointment working in the City. Responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and error free service provision that meets the needs of the firm, covering both internal / external clients and customers within client facing and internal meeting and training rooms, without supervision with regard to the following services.Purpose of the role:
- Customer liaison and co-ordination of audio visual (AV) presentation, videoconferencing (VC), sound system, lighting and IT training room requirements
- Room set-up support
- Fully competent in the setup and use of equipment and presentation (data/LCD projection, sound system, integrated control systems, VC dial ups, notebook pc/MS Powerpoint (including adding graphics, sound and movie clips), Apple Mac and software, still and video cameras)
- Presentation, videoconferencing , teleconferencing, media editing and meeting room and/or training room setup support, recording and display of live events, Wifi support and printing support to the firm's clients and customers (including non-standard hours working)
- Equipment support and preventative maintenance of equipment and reporting of failed equipment
- Management of equipment booking using the firm's standard procedures
- Hardware Ordering in accordance with the firm's policies.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Assist with the on-going review of the Audio Visual Service provision to identify areas of improvement and achieve the optimum balance and integration of service across the offices, devising and implementing appropriate changes whilst ensuring client/customer needs are fully met.
Set up, prepare, configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment for meetings and events dealing with all technical aspects.
Receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems within recognised timeframes.
Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
Build and maintain a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup in conjunction with the Facilities / Reception team.
Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make basic repairs as necessary.
Transport AV equipment throughout facility.
Tag or label AV equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
Produce, dub, edit, and copy all AV media, uploading this to the local Intranet (Mobi) as required.
Develop effective customer (Legal/Partners, Facilities, IT, Events and Marketing) relationships, acting as the key point of contact, initially meeting and discussing AV/VC requirements, organising and preparing equipment and presentation proceedings, supporting such presentations as required, trouble shooting defects and providing first line breakdown and basic maintenance support of AV equipment.
Collaborate with organisational policy-makers to establish and enforce proper AV practices and procedures
Assess the Audio Visual Service performance and perception, including regular client/customer feedback, preparing appropriate analysis reports on a quarterly basis.
Develop opportunities within the Audio Visual Service to add value, working closely with Facilities team and support departments and suppliers as required.
To play a full and proactive part in the overall development of Audio Visual services, contributing to proposals for innovative ways of delivering services with progressive service and efficiency improvements.
Provide on-going training to internal staff and assist with preparing training material.
Work within the Infra guidelines adopted by the firm's IT Department in respect of Change Control, asset maintenance, logging of and escalation of incidents.
The following indicative performance measures with respect to the provision of the Audio Visual Service are applicable:
Quality of service, achievement of Key Performance Indicators
Level of client/customer satisfaction and absence of complaint
Level of customer focus, responsiveness and attitude
Level of absenteeism, achievement of performance targets
Level of presentations supported and level of equipment failure
Achievement of cost targets and contribution to added value through efficiencies, service development and customer satisfaction
Quality of management information and reporting
Working within the firm's systems and procedures
- Preferably qualified to NVQ level 3/ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline.
- Previous practical experience in an AV or IT/communications environment.
Must be able to demonstrate hands on experience of:
- service culture and customer focus;
- change management;
- commercial awareness.
- Must be IT literate to a high level, numerate and have well developed presentation skills
Should have a good understanding of:
- All aspects of Audio Visual Service best practice, including Health & Safety;
- Data/LCD & HD projection, sound, integrated control systems and video conferencing, telephone conferencing equipment and presentation software and set-up (including MS PowerPoint, Mac technology and Mac Software);
- ISDN, VoIP and other telecommunications networks and equipment;
- Current service suppliers and equipment in the marketplace and latest technological advances and innovations.
- Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware.
- Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience ideally with Tandberg / PolyCom equipment.
- Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
- Mechanically and electronically inclined.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Undertake network patching.