- Information About Visitors (“General Information”)
When visitors come to our website, we log the user’s IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server.
Unless you have indicated your objection by refusing them when you first visited our website, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies are small pieces (files) of information regarding your browsing habits (“General Information”) that are stored on your computer. These small files are known as cookies. They are not used to identify you personally.
Cookies can make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and may be used to customise the site for you.
We also use Google Analytics for such purposes, it sets cookies to accurately track visits to the website and stores information on the pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. It does not collect or store personal information, so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You should have the ability to accept or decline cookies (although some employers may restrict this ability on their computers). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to modify your browser settings to decline all cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is offered and allow you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the website. For specific details about how to configure your browser you should refer to its supplier or manufacturer. We may share General Information with our website consultants from time to time in order to help us develop this website.
- Information About You Specifically (“Specific Information”)
When you register we collect specific personal information about you such as your name, address, email address, date of birth and various details about your career to date and career aspirations. We do not use this Specific Information to collect further information about you.
- Curriculum Vitaes (“CVs”)
- You may submit your CV to us by email
The information contained in your CV will be transferred from our email server on to the computer system of Jacobs Massey Ltd. Information contained in your CV will not be materially changed although it may be summarised in order to facilitate the provision by us of a job seeking service to you.
- The information contained in your CV may also be used for the administrative, market research and promotional purposes of the Company.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK and the EU and may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside the UK and third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- We may also pass your information to prospective third party employers but we will use our best efforts to ensure that information that will identify you is not submitted to any third party employer until and unless we have received authorisation from you to do so, by telephone, email, or meeting you.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- Countries outside the European Union do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We make best efforts to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete. In this regard, we also rely on you to notify Us if your information requires updating or deleting. We will respond to requests from you to update or delete your information in an efficient and timely manner.