Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have a direct opportunity for a Senior AV Technician who will work with the AV Event Production Manager and be responsible for the support, duty delegation and supervision of the internal AV team and freelance staff, on the floor, within the auditoria, meeting rooms and flat floor spaces. To provide audio-visual, lighting, filming, conference call/video, IPTV and any other required production services, to all service users.
Ensure that your allocated event spaces for the day and week ahead have the correct AV equipment and that it is set up, tested and fully operational ahead of the agents/customers arrival. Run through the AV schedule with each agent/customer on the day to deliver their event on time. De-rig AV equipment after the event and store safely.
• As delegated by the AV Event Manager you have overall responsibility for the day-to- day floor operation including setting up & operation of all fixed and mobile AV, lighting, digital display screens, IPTV, stage and production services at our clients London venue ensuring all facilities and services are delivered to agreed standards of procedure.
• Shared responsibility for the stock control, asset management of all AV equipment including pool equipment, security and maintenance of all AV equipment and services for our clients London venue.
• To work effectively on the day with our clients.tv regarding any filming, streaming and interviews as booked by their internal or external customers.
• To meet with and introduce external freelancers and/or contractors to their designated operational spaces, in the absence or instruction of the AV Production Manager.
• Ensure all available event documentation (e.g., running order & content) are provided to the freelancers / contractors in the absence of the AV Production Manager.
• Be responsible for the booking of freelance staff, external AV hire, staffing allocation & organization, Rota updates and distribution in the absence of the AV Production Manager.
• In the absence of the AV Production Manager, inform the AV Manager of all equipment hire and freelancer bookings.
• Be the first line of AV event planning communication for agents/customer in the absence of the AV Production Manager.
• In absence of AV Event Production Manager to ensure additional charges for AV Equipment on day are recorded and signed for by their customers. Ensure these consumption charges are invoiced to their customer via the client’s sales team and within the sales contract. Use a ‘Consumption Charge Sheet’
• To provide outstanding customer service to their customer & resolve customer care/ service issues, problems and queries with the AV Manager, AV Event Production Manager and the Head of Venues and Facilities s Manager, following the guidelines in place in a timely manner.
• Monitor service delivery and standards and effect changes within own area of work to maximize service quality and efficiency.
• Assist with the business continuity options and ensure the AV team and agency AV temps are fully trained to deliver these options i.e., Fire Alarms, Projector /LCD Failures, Lighting Failures or cabling failure. To find a quick fix.
• To assist our client’s staff and Executives, Members and our client Events with laptops and VC facilities.
• To assist internal & external customers with all AV requirements on the day. To be Pro- active on the day and seek out the organizer to ensure their requirements are being met
• To control and monitor external customers external AV and stage build contractors, ensure they work safety and care for our client’s fixtures and fittings
• Monitor the performance of internal / agency / freelance AV technicians to ensure they deliver high level of service throughout events
• Report any issues to the AV Production Manager or AV Manager
Staff and Operational Supervision
• To keep skills your skills up to date and be aware of current practice and new developments in the AV & events industry. CTS courses encouraged.
• To assist at times with:
Training and guidance to all Freelancers on H&S /Fire within our client's London venue
Inducting new AV staff to the AV systems and procedures with our client's London venue
• To ensure that all the required resources are ordered, received, available and assigned, as appropriate. To monitor the use of permanent and casual labor together with all other resources.
• To assist the AV Event Production Manager and be pro-active in the researching, collating, devising, production, and co-ordination of documentation to include, but not limited to:
sales team audio visual packs
user information packs
training manuals for in house use
freelance manual guide to AV and H&S
• To liaise with Operations and Sales colleagues and ensure that up to date event and their customer information is submitted so that final invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the banner system within the lecture theatre, safeguard the remote control and maintenance of the system
• Work with the AV Event Production Manager to ensure an AV SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) are in place for problem solving network faults and that all the AV team and freelancers understand how it works.
• Assist with asset management stock takes – twice a year
Aptitude and Experience:
• Extensive experience or qualifications in the management of conference and events: audio visual, conference call/video, lighting and DMX and staging requirements
• Experience operating tiered lecture theatres with capacities of 450+ and multiple meeting rooms
• Demonstrable experience in a large capacity flat floor events (300 delegates +) 4-star conference venue/hotel environment
• Demonstrate experience in multiple room set ups
• To have operational knowledge of a range of audio-visual hardware: Video switchers and scalers (Analog Way, Extron), Audio Mixers (Yamaha, Allen & Heath), wireless microphones (Shure), DSPs (BSS) and amplification systems.
• To be proficient with conference call/video equipment, codecs, and related software: Avaya, Logitech, AV bridges, Skype for business, WebEx etc.
• Demonstrable experience with projection systems i.e. Panasonic, Christie.
• To understand LAN networks and IT connectivity to include Wi-Fi and VPN.
• To have a working and operational knowledge of lighting design and control systems i.e.DMX, moving head lights, LED wash and uplighters.
• To demonstrate an understanding of video, filming, streaming and hosting services to include New Tek TriCaster platforms.
• Experience with IPTV systems and digital signage systems i.e. Signage Live, Watchout
• Experience with room control systems i.e. AMX/Crestron style controllers
• Well presented, with a calm and professional approach.
• Excellent customer service skills and awareness. Ability to work with confidence at a variety of levels of customer.
• Strong communication skills, with a good level of spoken English.
• General administration skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritise a variety of tasks.
• Possess proven staff management skills and experience of coordinating teamwork and working as a close-knit management team.
• Ability to produce and amend documents on MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Position involves evening, weekend work, some bank holidays and on-call responsibility
• Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Permits to Work