Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are looking a Technical Manager (LED / Video Specialist) in an amazing LED framework system, this is a great opportunity to utilise and progress your LED and video experience, and to help produce fantastic world class events. You will head the company’s LED department and will be required to assist the business in maintaining its LED and video equipment to the highest standards.
You may currently be working as an AV project manager in live events, or, as a senior LED technician, looking to make the next move in your career. This role requires a strong technical background, with particular emphasis on LED. You will need to demonstrate experience of working at conferences, congresses and award shows. A reasonable knowledge of virtual events and associated streaming/platforms would also be useful.
• You will be responsible for planning, managing and overseeing technical elements of LED installations at events taking responsibility for their implementation on site and subsequent safe removal.
• You will advise Account Managers on the more complex technical elements
• You will be accountable for producing technical schematics, cable calls and floor plans
• You will play a prominent role within the company, engaging in client and project development processes and assisting with pitching for new business alongside the account manager when required
• You will help to calculate and plan crew and logistics in conjunction with the Operations Department, including technical crew, local crew, teams, and vehicles
• You will work closely with our client’s Technical Managers to develop LED training programmes and resources for sales and technical colleagues
Do you have proven experience of end to end technical production utilising LED in live events? Then this could be the role for you. In addition to the above, in order to be successful with your application, we would expect you to have the following:
• Specific experience, knowledge and skills relating to LED equipment
• Ability to work independently to install, configure, and problem solve LED video walls
• Technical competence in sound for live events with a reasonable understanding of lighting
• Proven experience in technical roles, working within the live events industry, either as an employee or freelancer
• Good understanding of event power, cable runs and event-based health and safety
• Ability to calculate lens throws, lighting angles, weight loads, speaker dispersion, power draws, sight lines, floor load restrictions etc.
• CAD skills (deciphering and creating) in Vectorworks or equivalent CAD program
• Some understanding of virtual events and associated technologies