Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are searching for a Technical Project Manager (Live Event) who will provide an interface between technical and commercial requirements with responsibility for the planning and on-site delivery of a variety of events to ensure the smooth delivery of projects. Ultimately, your success will be demonstrated by the creation and successful execution of seamless events.
You may currently be working as an AV project manager in live events, or, as a senior AV technician, looking to make the next move in your career. This role requires a strong technical background, with an all-round knowledge of using audio-visual equipment in the corporate event environment. In particular, you will need to demonstrate experience of working at conferences, congresses and award shows. A reasonable knowledge of virtual events and associated streaming/platforms would also be useful.
• You will be responsible for planning, managing and overseeing technical and scenic installations at events taking responsibility for their implementation on site and subsequent safe removal.
• You will advise Account Managers on the more complex technical elements of live events
• You will be accountable for producing technical schematics, cable calls and floor plans
• You will play a prominent role within the company, engaging in client and project development processes and assisting with pitching for new business alongside the account manager when required
• You will help to calculate and plan crew and logistics in conjunction with the Operations Department, including technical crew, local crew, teams, and vehicles
• You will assist with the planning and coordination of the rig and de-rig of LED jobs
• You will liaise closely with other members of the Technical department to develop LED training programmes
• You shall produce relevant health and safety documentation
• You will be proactive in keeping up to date with the latest technology, rigging, power and safety procedures
Do you have proven experience of end to end technical production in live events? Then this could be the role for you. In addition to the above, in order to be successful with your application, we would expect you to have the following:
We would expect you to have:
• Previous extensive experience as a live event AV technician is essential; this might be as an employee of an events AV company, within a venue, or, as a freelance technician.
• End to end technical project management experience in live events is essential.
• Good understanding of event power, cable runs and event-based health and safety
• Understanding of virtual events and associated technologies
• CAD skills (deciphering and creating) in Vectorworks or equivalent CAD program
• Ability to confidently calculate lens throws, lighting angles, weight loads, speaker dispersion, power draws, sight lines, floor load restrictions etc
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical and other project related issues under pressure
• Good IT skills including being competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• A professional and courteous manner, able to radiate calmness and confidence under pressure
• Good written and verbal communication
• A good level of numeracy and excellent attention to detail
• A’ Levels as a minimum, preferably a relevant degree