Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are recruiting an Audio Visual Technician to work within a global law firms Client Services AV Team. Based from their Head Office in the City the Client Services Team are responsible for ensuring that the highest quality of service is provided, giving advice and support, and managing the client areas.The AV Team are responsible for providing audio and visual media for meetings and events for the whole firm. They are also are responsible for video conferencing, video editing, publication of various recorded presentations and the TV distribution system.
This role will be on a shift pattern of 07.30-18.00 and require some working outside the normal working hours when the firm requires.
• Install specified Audio/Visual equipment into rooms (such as projectors, screens, televisions, video players, DVD players, plasma screens, flip charts, whiteboards, video cameras, portable video conference systems, audio conference phones, lecterns etc.).
• Install specified IT equipment into rooms (desktop PCs, laptops, printers, monitors, keyboards, mice etc.).
• Report faults to Audio Visual Manager and where necessary arrange with the service/maintenance provider to attend site to rectify.
• Provide technical support and advice for room users requiring network, broadband, Wi-Fi using the plug and play ports.
• Set up video conference calls, acting as liaison with external companies and maintaining records of these calls.
• Load up of presentations/documents onto laptops.
• Remove all equipment from rooms after end of session.
• Provide room user support for the AV systems in the rooms and throughout the building.
• Provide technical support for MediaStar TV distribution system and change channels as requested.
• Provide support and where required training on the Audio/Visual equipment to internal or external users. 1st line maintenance of Audio/Visual equipment
• Maintain store of Audio/ Visual equipment and regularly test that it is operational.
• Deal with equipment requests and make/edit/amend bookings for equipment on Manhattan space scheduling.
• 1st line maintenance of Audio/ Visual equipment e.g. changing projector lamps, cleaning air filters.
• Provide support for Partners’ meetings, internal and external events on site when Audio/Visual equipment has been set up.
• Actively liaise with all Client Facilities departments, learning and development, premises and technology to resolve issues relating to the rooms (e.g. facility faults, booking queries).
• Check that all areas are clean, tidy and liaise with relevant persons to ensure standards are maintained.
• Set up and support Video and Audio recording of sessions when requested and provide copies of this in required format.
• Set up and support Video and Audio recording sessions for editing and production purposes.
• Create on line training sessions using Qumu combining Video and Audio footage with PowerPoint.
• Undertake video editing of captured footage of recorded sessions using Adobe Premiere Pro where required, to provide a seamless, professionally produced edit to be used with Qumu for viewing on Intranet or other media format.
Candidates for this position must have:
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Audio/Visual and video conference equipment.
• Excellent client facing skills.
• AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS certification or willingness to attain it.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, spoken and presentational), working well within a team.
• Strong focus on adding value to the firm, remaining solution focused when dealing with challenges.
• Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure.
• Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently.
• High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness.
• A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions as necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken including good use of grammar.
• Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals.
• A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative.
• Flexibility with hours is necessary when the work of the firm requires it.
• Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles.
• Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
• Well presented, requirement to wear uniform in line with the firms grooming guidelines.