Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
To be responsible to and, for the day to day running of the production elements of the organisation.
To provide technical support and crewing during get in’s, fit up’s and get out’s and to operate technical equipment during event open periods as required not just in this specialism but also in other areas of operation such as Lighting, Sound, Counterweight Flying and Rigging to make a significant contribution to the organisation.
• Facilitate the production activities of incoming professional and nonprofessional organisation using the organisation’s facilities including conference clients, promoters and contractors hiring the facilities for artistic and conference purposes to ensure needs are met.
• Assist the Senior Technician – Vision to maintain all vision equipment in the venue.
• Update knowledge to understand the venue technical infrastructure, including equipment installation, tie-lines and other patching systems.
• Monitor all the organisation’s equipment so that it is not misused or misplaced to ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is always met, and that proper use, care, security and maintenance needs are met.
• Monitor housing keeping standards to ensure production areas are in a safe, clean and tidy condition and standards of the organisation are delivered.
• Assist in maintaining compliance within the legal framework of current Health and Safety regulations as they apply to production work practices and the maintenance and upkeep of departmental records.
• Deliver duties in the field of Vision for events as well as other general duties (sound, vision, staging, rigging, etc) to ensure event success.
MANAGEMENT / SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide supervision, guidance and support for all casual and freelance staff and service partners to ensure safe working practices are followed to deliver the running of events.
• To contribute to the success of our One Team culture to deliver our aims and objectives, maintaining a flexible and positive attitude.
• To adhere to the organisation’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and to observe a duty of care to all visitors, staff and contractors to organisation.
• To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by your manager.
• This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
• It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of this job will change, therefore this information will be periodically reviewed, revised and updated involving the post holder.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
Licence for forklift, cherry picker, and scissor lift
IOSH Working safely qualification
Demonstrable experience of event production set up and break down across vision and other disciplines
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Awareness of Health and Safety practices and legislation
Understanding of all elements of production for a live event.
Understanding sector and events management
Awareness of rigging equipment
Emotional intelligence, pragmatic, resilience, confidence, good verbal and written communication, conflict resolution