Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
To be responsible to and, for the day to day running of the production elements of the organisation, in conjunction with other Senior Technicians. To provide technical support and crewing during get ins, fit ups and get outs, and operate during events as required alongside the Technicians; not just in Vision (projection, video and data) but in other areas such as Sound, Lighting, Stage, Counterweight Flying and Rigging.
To be responsible for the safe use of the vision equipment and infrastructure of the organisation in consultation with the Production Manager Technology, and to provide support with upgrading and renewal of existing vision equipment and purchase of new vision equipment.
• Responsible for overall day to day running of the vision team. This includes identification of new products and development opportunities; management of relevant stock levels and department audits; planning, scheduling and implementation of maintenance, repair and PAT testing; and Implementation and improvement of department processes and workflows.
• Facilitate the production activities of incoming professional and nonprofessional organisations using the organisation facilities including conference clients, promoters and contractors hiring the facilities for artistic and conference purposes to ensure needs are met.
• Provide vision designs and assist and advise on vision for events with the Production managers.
• Provide guidance on equipment selection and associated event build-up and breakdown logistics in order to implement the design successfully
• Maintain a log to track hired equipment and identify future investment opportunities and form good working relationships with suppliers.
• Ensure the proper use, care, first line maintenance and electrical safety testing of the organisations vision equipment, including negotiation of services with suppliers if and when needed, to ensure organisation and client needs are met.
• Monitor all the organisations equipment so that it is not misused or misplaced to ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is always met, and that proper use, care, security and maintenance needs are met.
• Monitor housing keeping standards to ensure production areas are in a safe, clean and tidy condition and standards of the organisations are delivered.
• Assist in maintaining compliance within the legal framework of current Health and Safety regulations as they apply to production work practices and the maintenance and upkeep of departmental records.
MANAGEMENT / SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide supervision, guidance and support for other member of organisations staff and the production apprentice along with all casual, local and freelance staff and service partners to ensure safe working practices are followed to deliver the running of events.
• To contribute to the success of our organisations team culture to deliver our aims and objectives, maintaining a flexible and positive attitude.
• To adhere to the organisation’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and to observe a duty of care to all visitors, staff and contractors to the organisation.
• To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by your manager.
• To work when appropriate, unsociable hours including overnight, weekend, customary and statutory holidays, possibly at short notice.
• This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
• It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of this job will change, therefore this information will be periodically reviewed, revised and updated involving the post holder.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
IOSH Working safely qualification
Licence for forklift, cherry picker, and scissor lift
Demonstrable experience of day to day running of a vision department Demonstrable experience of supervising staff
Significant experience of event set up for vision systems and designs Experience of event set up and operation for other disciplines
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Awareness of Health and Safety practices and legislation
Detailed understanding of all elements of production for a live event Understanding sector and events management
Understanding of rigging equipment and safe working practices
Emotional intelligence, pragmatic, resilience, influencing, confidence, good verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, innovation and creativity