Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are seeking a candidate to join our clients global AV Consultancy team in the UK as an Audio Visual Design Consultant. You will be responsible for all aspects of design, documenting, and commissioning AV systems on our projects, working as part of our clients project teams which can include theatre designers, lighting designers, stage equipment designers, and acousticians to deliver holistic, client-focused design solutions.You will report to one of our clients Associate Directors and your project assignments and workload will be managed by both of our clients Director and Operations Coordinator.
You will have the chance to meet regularly with your line manager to ensure you are fully supported in your role and since theatre consultancy is a specialist field, we will provide role-specific inductions, and ongoing training to help you succeed.
• Meet with clients to evaluate their needs for a project as they relate to Audio Visual systems and network systems design (and beyond).
• Propose Audio Visual systems solutions which meet project requirements at a conceptual level, including accurate budget setting, and impact of AV equipment on other building systems.
• Provide all aspects of system documentation including sketch illustration, written narrative description, architectural drawings, Building Information Modelling (BIM), and specification writing.
• Work with our clients internal design team to present a holistic design solution which balances all aspects of performance functionality and budget.
• Communicate with client teams to describe our solutions and ensure they reflect the right fit which balances the needs of various project constituents.
• Describe the functionality and purpose of audio visual systems while adjusting communication styles for different audiences - for other creative designers, for experienced AV technicians, or electrical engineers.
• Work with architectural and engineering teams to ensure that each of the design disciplines includes the required infrastructure, support, and accommodation for all elements of the audio visual systems.
• Provide cost projections throughout a project for Audio Visual systems integration.
• Conduct value engineering; adapt and revise designs to reduce cost while maintaining as much value and performance as possible, meanwhile being able to describe impacts on functionality.
• Participate in site visits for commissioning, witness testing, construction progress, and other purposes as required.
• This position will require occasional travel, including international/overseas travel, in accordance with health and safety guidelines in response to the pandemic.
• Work with our clients Team Leaders to set out project work plans, goals, and deliverables.
• Contribute to the continual development of our internal design and technical resources.
• Discuss your work and ideas with other designers at our clients Organisation.
• Serve as a resource for all our designers about audio visual technology applicable to our projects.
• Provide a mentoring role for Audio visual Consultants and participate in training and on boarding for new team members, when required.
• Minimum anticipated experience of four years working as an audio visual systems designer.
• Experience of broadcast and video design and operation.
• Served as primary audio visual systems designer for completed projects in the design, documentation, construction, and commissioning phases.
• Excellent communication skills through verbal explanations, interpretation of data, sketch drawing, written communication, technical drawing, and formal presentations.
• Can demonstrate the creation of contract documentation for the audio visual systems on new construction or architectural renovation projects in the UK and / or EMEA.
• The ability to self-manage and set work plans for the successful delivery of work against deadlines with minimal input from management.
• An expert level of detailed knowledge about audio visual and networking technology, and systems integration.
• A practical knowledge of audio and acoustic theory, as well as visual media fundamentals.
• Solid demonstrable experience in computer drafting of some form; Proficiency in Auto CAD and REVIT will be required.
• Skill and sensitivity to graphic design and layout, graphical display of information, adhering to design standards, and incorporating corporate branding.
• Familiarity with the standard suite of Microsoft Office and GSuite products is essential.
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and / or Bluebeam is also essential - we operate a paperless office and use the Adobe PDF format for all documents.
• Knowledge and experience of the operation and/or construction of theatre buildings is essential.
• CTS certification is a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with a global team across different time zones.
• Experience of working as part of a distributed, international team.
• Experience and interest in live performance, broadcast, and/or events.
• Highly organised, excellent time management skills, and reliable.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Adept at multi-tasking.
• Able to work calmly under pressure.
• Friendly and professional manner.
• Ability to work successfully on own initiative, as well as part of a local and global team.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs.
• Ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload, sometimes in a pressured environment
• Ability to meet deadlines, as well as maintain both perspective and a sense of humour.
• Ability to manage simple budgets and basic finance related tasks, as required.