Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are working on a brand new opportunity for global law firm based in central London. For this direct staff appointment we are searching for a Conference Centre Technology Specialist who will provide a white glove service and technical support to all users of the Conference Centre spaces.Reports To: Technology Support Manager
Standard Hours: 35 (11am – 7pm)
Our clients Conference Centre is used for high level, fast pace, meetings, depositions, video conferences and large events. The candidate must know their craft, and instil confidence by remaining calm in high- pressure situations while focusing on the task at hand. Candidate must meet or exceed the expectations of the users of the Conference Centre by preparing for their meeting in advance, and understanding the technical requirements. Ability to interact professionally with all levels of firm personnel to ensure the seamless and timely execution of meetings, training sessions and special events. Other responsibilities include a thorough understanding of the firm’s hardware and software platforms for troubleshooting and configuration.
This position requires strong people skills due to the high-level clients that we serve such as share partners and clients. This position will report to the London Technology Support Manager. The candidate must have excellent customer service skills and must be able to provide white glove service to all users of the conference centre. The candidate must establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with customers and team members. Always speak and act with the customer in mind.
Strong analytical reasoning and AV troubleshooting skills are a plus. Individual must also possess excellent judgment regarding local Conference Technology matters. Must be able to assess situations quickly and proactively to ensure customer/client satisfaction. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary in addition to having a strong customer service commitment.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Support the day-to-day Conference Centre Technology operational needs.
• Assist the conference technology team with organizing and documenting all aspect of Conference technology
• Help keep documentation on all maintenance activities including any equipment changes and incident reports.
• Set up audio conferences (microphones, sound systems, speakerphones, conference calls)
• Set up and Support remote Zoom, WebEx, MS Teams and Remo events.
• Set up and maintain visiting attorney offices.
• Set up presentation equipment (LCD projectors, screens, videos)
• Laptops (webcasts, network connections)
• Become proficient on the operation of our clients’ Crestron program.
• Organize daily operational needs and provide daily activity report to the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager.
• Assist with monthly report as required to the Firmwide Conference Technology Manager.
• Maintain documentation on all maintenance activities, projection lamp hours, any equipment changes and incident reports.
• Daily coordination and communication with the local conference centre scheduler to insure the client’s needs are provided and supported as requested.
• Maintain coordination with the FW Conference Technology team.
• Maintain sufficient inventory of supplies (batteries, cables, DVD's, power supplies)/ ensure operating efficiency of equipment.
• Ensure daily that all onsite Conference Centre Technology systems are fully functional.
• Perform system maintenance as scheduled and work with vendors as required.
• Exhibit helpful, customer service-oriented attitude with team members and end-users.
• Remain calm yet communicate (and act) with sense of urgency when end-user has an urgent matter requiring resolution.
• General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm’s standard hardware such as laptop and related programs.
• General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm’s standard applications such as Outlook 2016 and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
• Retains knowledge and stays current on the firm’s procedures and guidelines that affect technology usage and support requirements
• Microphone mixers/digital sound processors
• Microphones types and pickup patterns
• Strong understanding of display resolutions
• Strong understanding of the different video connector types
• Ability to read AV drawings and signal flow
• Understating of the different video playback formats
• Understanding of Audio signal levels (Mic, line, speaker)
• Remotely assist with desktop video conference applications
• Strong troubleshooting skills troubleshooting desktop Webcams, microphone, and speaker issues
• Participates in overtime on an as needed basis.
• May be required to travel to international offices
• Test with external sites prior to meeting (ideally in the same video conference room as meeting)
• Coordinate with meeting host to confirm full understanding of what they are trying to achieve during their meeting
• Daily systems room checks to ensure all of technical features are running at optimum prior to room usage
• Able to provide direction and resolution in high-pressure circumstances.
• Assist with quarterly detailed testing of all conference room equipment
• Provide immediate response to client requests for assistance.
• Maintain confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
• Other duties as assigned
• Video/Audio recording and editing
Education, Work Experience, Skills
• 4 years of AV experience in a conference centre environment.
• Must have a current or working towards Avixa CTS certification and maintained during employment.
• Exceptional customer service abilities.
• Superior oral and written communication and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures/stay current with AV technology
• Flexibility in daily work hours to meet the conference client’s needs including weekends
• Flexibility to work onsite following social distancing rules during COVID-19
• Ability to work remotely to support trials and virtual events during COVID-19
• Required: Minimum understanding of complex AV system. Understanding of signal flow within a system.
• Preferred/Desired: Audio, video processing with in a system. Video/Audio recording and editing.