Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Senior AV Technician is to successfully deliver/produce events, being virtual and/or face-2-face, from a technical audio-visual aspect. Daily tasks include handling and checking of the AV set-ups and equipment, and operate both in-built AV systems and mobile equipment within the lecture theatres and meeting spaces.Role Purpose:
The Senior AV Technician will also be providing a first-line AV and IT services and support, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification of problems as and when they occur for presenters at conferences and meetings whether virtual or face to face.
Working closely in association with the Education or Events team, the role will technically (AV) produce seamless events/meetings.
The role will also look after the record management of the AV equipment assets and contents on digital platforms
The AV-SharePoint site content management (operational documentation)
Admin management tasks including creation of hands-on SOP and weekly team schedules
Liaising with client and Edu team to finetune complex technical delivery requirements of events/meetings
Ad-hoc Videography assignments for internal content/production purposes
The Technical Production of an event/meeting:
• Face-to-face events on site by operating the in-built AV equipment (video, sound, light, graphics, stage)
• Virtual, which can include: Pushing VTs, Advancing Slides, Managing engagement tools such as Q&A/Polling/Whiteboards
• Reporting to HoE of encountered issues/technical fails, and setbacks/discussions with clients/internal stakeholders
Support the team with production-based work, set-ups, tests and rehearsals according to schedule and show flows:
• Conduct tech-checks and dry runs with speakers/organisers, handle on-the-fly video edits for a seamless playback, minor ppt editing of slides, etc..
Managing the platform engagement tools, downloading reports and sending them to colleagues/clients:
• Preparing relevant platforms for a seamless virtual production (incl. uploading of content), checking all streams and interactive features are functioning accordingly, post event reporting (data) and recording edits for an on-demand access on YouTube
Adhering to the cleanliness, presentation SOP of all AV rooms, stores and equipment:
• Looking after the asset/equipment according to the SOP, reporting any faults/thefts, ordering consumables, preparing the AV gear for next event/meeting where possible
Updating and maintaining records and technical databases (SharePoint):
• Keeping the AV SharePoint documentation up to date on equipment/solutions, ensuring the operational information is still relevant and delete files when needed, keeping record of new information/content and activities within the AV department
Ensure health and safety measurements are met during setups and working in the environment:
• Point of contact for external contractors and production companies, ensuring the relevant H&S are met at all times. Acting as the H&S marshal during large events.
Liaising with clients/stakeholders both internal and external
• Providing advice and guidance for their audio-visual and technical requirements for future meetings by video call phone, in person and/or via email
• Good team/collaboration working skills, whilst also being able to work independently
• Always delivering with an attention to detail
• Adhering to corporate work ethics with honesty and integrity
• Ability to adapt and be flexible at all times
• Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills ability with persistence and remaining calm when under pressure
• A can do and customer service focused approach
• A demonstrable appetite for constant improvement through learning and innovation
• Proven experience of successfully delivering a range of small to medium AV events, working with multiple teams to achieve a successful outcome for the client and venue
Personal attributes, knowledge, experience & qualifications - Essential:
The Senior AV Technician has a vast all-round experience with corporate live events in domains such as sound, video, lighting, broadcasting and have in-depth experience of technically producing live streams and Webinars on solution such as Zoom/Teams and OBS/vMix. The AVT does have a proven affinity for the AV industry and the eye for detail. Being a good communicator and always act in a professional manner.
Must have operating knowledge of:
• Video-mixer operating skills with technology such as Ascender/Encore, OBS and vMix
• Various data projectors resolutions and other display systems
• Digital audio mixers, DSPs and amplification systems
• Video conferencing technology (hard and soft codecs)
• Audio and Video recording technology
• AMX control systems
• Live streaming/simulcasting to various platforms YouTube, Vimeo etc
• Good understanding of ARS solutions e.g. Sli.do
• Basic experience with video editing software and video file management
Strong knowledge and practical experience with:
• Various VC and Streaming platforms
• Video shooting and editing processes/software (Adobe/DaVinci)
• Be IT literate with VoIP, NDI, Dante, DMX, webRTC etc
Personal attributes, knowledge, experience & qualifications - Desirable:
The Senior AV Technician possess a high level of computer literacy (PC and Mac) including knowledge and experience of using related presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote
Good understanding of VLANS, IP Addressing, switch configuration in general.
The Senior AV Technician is sales minded, using all opportunities to promote and sell the in-house AV services.
Being pro-active and able to make decisions when required and does convey a sense of ownership and leadership within the team/events.