Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have a brand new opportunity for a Live Events Engineer. Based in central London this role would act as a key supplier for our clients’ Venues department and across others sites to provide technology support for all events, whether virtual, hybrid or physical AV support.This role requires short notice flexibility regarding its working hours and supporting planned live events in both the evenings and at weekends – where required – to support the achievement of all commercial, revenue driving, event activity within our clients’ HQ in central London and/or virtual.
Creativity and innovation is also required, to provide solutions of a hybrid nature, to best take advantage of opportunities for combined physical and virtual networking and event delivery that allows members, the public and staff to enjoy in house events. You will, by extension, deliver with partners a first-class AV and/or virtual service to support our clients’ venues business plan (including pre-sales to achieve the annual income targets) and continual improvement of the onsite AV capabilities. Plus deliver continued technology support for online events.
Main Responsibilities -
• Liaise with clients and colleagues in a professional manner and effectively interpret, facilitate and deliver to their event requirements
• Retain a close view and management of the Live Events budget to ensure costs are kept within budget constraints and events revenue generation meets targets
• Be the main point of contact for an events partner, ensuring they adhere to the contractor regulations, H&S regulations, as well as providing professional and helpful service to ensure the success of the event
• Respond efficiently to enquiries from Venues and other teams regarding troubleshooting solution issues, and any logistical and administrative queries
• Own and develop events and virtual solution Service Catalogue and carry out regular competitor analyses to ensure our clients’ partner prices and services are in line with the market and competition
• Maintain written procedures of all key AV processes in order to ensure business continuity at all times
• Ensure all event recordings are undertaken, archived and forwarded to the recipient within the required timeframe
• Support events and virtual systems and, where required, managing partners as necessary
• Source and manage a team of freelance event technicians, ensuring they adhere to our clients’ protocol and customer expectations.
• Setting up and dismantling events systems & equipment to meet tight client timeframes in a professional manner and in a physical environment in accordance with current Health & Safety guidelines
• Maintain and report on the operational and qualitative status of all live events
• Ensure that our clients’ AV Asset register is accurate and up to date, ordering replacements when necessary.
• Ensure all AV equipment is maintained to a high standard in accordance with current Health & safety regulations.
• Create written documents to support Audio Visual systems and processes to ensure business continuity
• Role model to our clients’ values
• Any other work, as directed by your line manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experience -
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge and experience of online events, audio, lighting and/ or video and wider virtual-based technologies that support live events
• Demonstrable experience in a similar AV and/or live events role
• Completion of an AV based course is desirable
• Competent in understanding, managing and requisitioning budgets
• Able to understand and follow contractual requirements and terms for Events customers
• Strong customer service skills with an ‘extra mile’ mindset
• Resourceful troubleshooter and problem solver
• Strong technology skills
• Strong organisational and administrative abilities
• Strong communication skills at all levels
• Ability to lift and move heavy items of furniture and equipment
• Desire to learn and develop skills and abilities