Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client is searching for an AV Technician who is looking for a kick start to their career in the AV industry. This opportunity is based prestigious venue in Central London. In this role the Technician will work as part of a team to ensure galleries, exhibits and presentation spaces are up and running each day. You will work on improvements to interactive exhibits and support with events activities. The Technician will work on a shift pattern covering 1 in 3 weekends and some evenings, they will also work closely with other technical teams within the department (electro-mechanical and fabrication).What you will be doing:
• Carrying out switch-on duties, diagnosing and repairing exhibits, conducting safety checks and ensuring the galleries are ready for visitors.
• Completing preventative and reactive maintenance to exhibits across the museum
• Providing technical advice and solutions in areas relevant to your skillset – including designing and producing custom solutions.
• Supporting the Event Technician with AV services for events, lectures, and conferences.
• Providing a real-life representation of work in STEM careers by interacting with visitors whilst carrying out work on galleries.
• Taking care of your personal health and safety and that of others. Complying with H&S Policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work, reporting any health and safety concerns.
What you bring to the team:
You will definitely:
• Have experience of operating and configuring audio and video systems.
• Have a basic understanding of IT systems and knowledge of configuring windows and mac systems.
• Have excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical people.
• Have good written skills, able to produce written reports and technical documentation.
• Have a willingness to uphold high standards of health and safety practice and challenge those who do not conform to those levels.
It would be good if you:
• Have knowledge and experience of control systems, such as Crestron.
• Have knowledge and experience of AV distribution over IP systems, such as Dante.
• Hold a formal qualification, for example Infocomm CTS.
• Have experience of assembling and testing electronic circuitry.