Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Digital Technician will be responsible for executing the technical production for mid-level events requiring support with Audio/Video, staging, lighting and design needs. The role requires strong technical understanding and practical experience operating event production systems and streaming platforms, with extensive experience in A/V and technical direction for both corporate events and live experiential events.For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for event staff and vendors. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients and vendor partners on a daily basis.
● Participate in the technical production of mid-level events and assist in the hands-on delivery of all events
● Operate event production equipment including but not limited to Yamaha CL 3 -5 audio console, lighting console , video switchers (Ross, Black Magic, For-A, etc) , PTZ cameras and controllers, Unilumin LED walls, operate software based production and streaming platforms such as Streamyard, Wirecast, and Vmix, and perform A/V routing using patch bays and router panels
● Provide feedback to team leadership on event production equipment and software usage and efficiency
● Work with Senior Event Technicians, Production Coordinators, and event stakeholders to ensure event details and logistics are accurate for show time.
● Work with non technical stakeholders in pre-production to explain capabilities of the space and direct on best practice to ensure the event is a success
● Actively liaise with team leadership to provide feedback and suggestions on possible enhancements and improvements
● Identify to team leadership new and alternative ways of approaching technical production offering to clients
● Coordinate vendors and freelancers when applicable
● Manage client expectations on production challenges, proactively providing solutions
● Oversee and coordinate building of staging and A/V set up on-site as required
● Work closely with customers to design and establish A/V and staging layouts
● Review and confirm final labor costs in event production with internal team
● Perform ready for business checks on all AV systems, and daily preventative maintenance measures to ensure optimal operation of event production equipment
● Provide full event production support either independently or as part of a team, depending on the scale of the event
● Basic editing of video footage to provide clients with recordings of their event
● 3+ years’ experience within the technical event production/broadcast environment
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
● Full understanding of audio visual, broadcast, and video conferencing technology and advancements including lighting, audio/video output formats, streaming, rigging and power
● Experience working with the following equipment/tools is helpful but not required: Yamaha CL series desks and CL Remote; Final Cut ProX; Keynote; Google G-Suite; ETC Ion lighting desk; Crestron Control systems, ROSS Carbonite switchers, Ultrix routers, and Dashboard, Panasonic PTZ camera controllers, Dante Controller, Shure Wireless Workbench, PlaybackPro, Clear-Com systems, WATCHOUT, Meyer Galileo, LED walls, Chrome remote desktop, and software based production and streaming platforms like Wirecast, VMix, and Streamyard.
● Proficient in the technical delivery of high-quality events
● Video output experience with strong technical understanding of systems
● Experience operating event production and broadcast systems
● Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships
● Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
● Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail
● Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with varying levels of complexity
● Knowledge of PTZ cameras and controllers
● Knowledge of broadcast and streaming technology and workflows
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
● Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
● Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
● Build excellent relations with the team, clients, vendors, and key venues through positive communications
● Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter
● Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times