Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have a new opportunity for an AV Technician, this position will be based onsite at our clients Central London office. The Technician will be joining a close knit team to deliver exceptional AV service.As a member of the Global Audio Visual Services team in the Information Technology Department, the AV Technician is responsible for providing AV service. This involves taking ownership of requests and incidents that have been assigned to the AV Team for the delivery and resolution of service. The role will be based out of and primarily support the London office, while at times remotely assisting other offices which do not have a dedicated AV Team.
• Manage meeting requests from initial request acceptance, planning/coordination, scheduling, setup, operating, and striking.
• Address incidents that are raised to the AV team and proactively take steps to improve.
• Coordinate, schedule, launch, operate/manage and troubleshoot cloud collaboration services (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.).
• Setup, connect, and manage video conferencing using bridging system such as Cisco CMS/TMS/VQ and audio only conferencing services such as Arkadin.
• Administration of cloud collaboration services (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex) as service owners.
• Enter requests, incidents, work performed, etc. into IT ticketing system.
• Troubleshooting and resolve AV systems and service faults with escalation in rare instances when required.
• Effectively and professionally communicate and coordinate with teammates, lawyers, business services employees, clients, and outside vendors and contractors as required in delivery of AV service.
• Support projects such as new buildouts, new AV kit implementation, proof of concepts, testing of potential technology, IT projects that may impact AV systems/services, etc. as needed
• Work closely with various teams and users across the firm in the seamless delivery of AV services such as the Client Host, Conference Center, Conference Services, Event Services, Facilities, IT Infrastructure, and other teams.
• Providing lead and/or backup support for firm-wide multi-point video conferences, which may include consulting with lawyers, business services employees, clients, and vendors to determine requirements, and monitoring meetings as required.
• Perform all functions related to AV media recording and duplication, including basic AV editing and accurate media labeling.
• Maintain a thorough inventory of AV equipment and supplies, and monitoring the repair and replacement of non-working, damaged and/or obsolete equipment to including organizing AV storage space.
• Organizing, clean, and keep AV equipment and storage locations orderly and maintained.
• Interacting with partners, lawyers, business services employees, office administrators, and clients, and providing individual instruction/support in equipment setup and operation.
• All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
• Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience providing front line AV service to users in conference rooms and through cloud services (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.) or equivalent.
• Excellent verbal and written communication to provide customer service in person, by email, chat, and phone with a high degree of professionalism and clarity.
• Experience supporting day to day meeting and event audio/visual support in a corporate or professional services environment.
• Demonstrable technical understanding of conference room solutions, AV system routing, AV technologies, and troubleshooting AV and connectivity issues.
• Demonstrable understanding and providing AV service through cloud based collaboration solutions such as Zoom, MS Teams, and Webex.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and media presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint).
• Demonstrable understanding of LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, and network principles in the delivery of AV service.
• Ability to operate and provide service using Windows, Apple, Crestron, BiAmp, Shure, and Cisco devices and products.
• Ability to perform all functions related to audio/video media editing and duplication.
• Experience administering and managing cloud collaboration technology, primarily Zoom and MS Teams.
• Experience working with conference room booking and IT ticketing systems.
• Experience using Cisco TMS, Cisco CMS, and VQ.
• CTS and/or other AV industry or technology certification.