Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have opportunity for a Delivery Hub Manager to join a Production company for a 12 month fixed term contract, to provide support administrative support for Systems Integration (SI), purchasing, and management of transport and logistics.• support the SI team in the operations and administration of this business unit,
• analyse requirements, negotiate good deals and carry out purchasing of key items,
• manage delivery and logistics systems in an optimal manner (transport & AV tech diaries).
The role will be predominately office based and will involve liaising internally with the SI team, warehouse operations, drivers, AV Techs and Finance, and externally with equipment suppliers (based in UK and Europe), freelancers and clients.
The role reports to the Head of SI. The role is considered to be pivotal and the candidate will need to demonstrate good organisation, flexibility and the ability to handle pressure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
SI Administration and Purchasing Tasks:
• Supporting SI quotes with planning and purchasing.
• Maintain an organised system to monitor current job activity, to be aware of the current status on all projects vis-a-vis orders, deliveries and invoicing.
• Raise and send purchase orders to equipment suppliers and to track delivery of those supplies into the business or where applicable directly to client.
• Raise and send purchase orders for freelance crew and agencies. To work with team members on large projects to track crew labour cost committed and forecast.
• Build relationships with all key suppliers (approx. 25), to understand the products sold, discount structure, lead times and delivery charges. To be able to shop around for best price / earliest delivery.
• Ensure all sub-hire returns to suppliers are kept on file.
• Maintain a system to record serial numbers of all client stock receipted at the business.
• Advise Finance (where applicable) on all jobs for invoicing. On large projects to maintain appropriate spreadsheets or systems to track equipment and crew orders, deliveries and invoicing status.
• Manage the company credit card for Systems Integration. This requires tracking of all receipts and completion of the monthly credit card form linking costs to job numbers within the Finance deadline.
• Manage all stock returns from client, liaising with Warehouse and Finance at all times. Returns must either be sent back to supplier for credit on a timely basis or added into general stock (Unit 12).
• Manage returns and repairs of goods where necessary, including logging onto a system to report these and creating RMAs before return
• Manage vesting requirements, logging all information, creating spreadsheets and liaising with the warehouse to take the appropriate images to match then submitting them to the clients
• Manage purchasing of high volume items (consumables):
o Analyse stock item utilisation, identify high consumption items.
o Negotiate terms favourable to MPH for purchase, supply and replenishment of volume items (e.g. buy pallets of standard items such as duct tape, batteries, cables and hard-drives).
o Monitor performance of volume suppliers and manage the accounts, optimise use of trade accounts.
Transport & Logistics tasks:
• Parkbury hub with oversight and control of all diaries … manage the transport diary (2 internal drivers, external drivers and couriers) effectively. This will require a degree of flexibility as schedules change. Drivers also support the Rental operations of the business
• Line-manage drivers on a day-to-day basis:
o Lead a team of Drivers to be as effective as possible in carrying out tasks meeting installation and Rental events schedules and ongoing service of SI clients.
o Effective line-management of the staff team (i.e. 1:1s, appraisals, health and wellbeing, mentoring, coaching, training & development, management of Ts and Cs & remuneration, and discipline and performance management if necessary).
o Establish and agree targets and reward structures in line with our clients strategy, budget and plans.
o Take full accountability for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (e.g. achieving delivery dates, cost targets, service commitments and meeting customer expectations).
• Ensure all company van drivers perform their weekly and monthly vehicle checks.
• Prepare delivery notes to client and to ensure these are electronically attached to the jobs on the system.
• Working alongside the support team to manage Zendesk system for logging client AV issues
• Lead on Transport diary / deliveries improvements, e.g. :
o More notice on upcoming delivery requirements.
o People should ask / check to see if deliveries could be combined / avoid duplication.
o Need better discipline on diary entries, and how best to use diary, plus more info on job requirements (e.g. delivery can be early, late, before x o’clock etc.) and when kit due back, exactly so it can be booked out again etc.
• Notify Finance of any POs raised specifically to stock or Fixed
• Answer the main company telephone and field calls (default).
• Support finance with adding to the REV and amending our system to match the POs and invoicing needs
• Logging PPE for the company and making sure all engineers have the right equipment needed
• Managing the company’s stock take, updating pricing where needed
• Supporting finance and running monthly reports on goods purchased
• Managing/following up on our service contract clients
• Booking hotels for project managers and or crew
• Any other duties given by management