Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are searching for an experienced Video Technician. This Technician will be based in West London and will be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering the production requirements of a wide range of events, including some aspects of the planning and preparation of events as directed. Working on their own, as part of a team, and/or leading and supervising others to ensure plans and verbal instructions are followed and that the ‘job’ is delivered safely, correctly and on time, getting it Right First Time.Main Responsibilities
• To be able to understand and interpret technical plans and direction by senior member of the team and carry out those tasks to the expected level
• To rig, set up, focus and de-rig video and related equipment to the expected standard and within the expected time frame
• To be able to work under pressure to a given timeline/build schedule
• Demonstrate competent rigging without supervision or guidance
• Fault find and fix
• To program/operate consoles
• To act as a "responsible person" on site when required
• To liaise with clients and venue staff as required to fulfil the delivery of an event
• To be responsible for rigs and de-rigs where requested by the PM and where appropriate
• To lead and manage a department or team on site
• To supervise other technicians, freelancers and local crew on site
• To support, train and nurture other Technicians
• To specify equipment on small to medium jobs as directed
• To book equipment from given plan/spec using Insphire
• To specify pre event prep work and to supervise it, ensuring it is completed accurately.
• To undertake warehouse preparation of equipment for an event - e.g. pre addressing, making looms etc.
• To work in the warehouse as required and as directed by warehouse manager/team leader to pick, re-shelve and undertake basic repairs and servicing of equipment
• To undertake delivery and collections in company vehicles.
• To learn and harness information from your peers and colleagues to improve your techniques, skills and development
• to work in compliance with Health and safety policy and all company procedures at all times
• to represent the company in a positive manner at all times
• To fulfill other reasonable duties as required by line manager or as requested by a senior person when on site.
Physical & Social Conditions
• Non Standard working hours, including evenings and weekends
• Working away from home, nationally and internationally
• Working to strict timelines in often high pressured and stressful environments
• Working at height