Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have a new client who is very keen to expand their presence into the UK market. Our client is searching for a Business Development Manager join their proficient UK team, and to take the lead role in reaching and exceeding targeted sales revenue and gross margin goals set within our clients' annual budget.The BDM is responsible for implementing short and longer-term sales/rev strategies and developing ongoing profitable relationships with Corporate and Enterprise customers. Achieving this through ongoing review of effectiveness with current sales programs, both domestic and international. Additionally, they will recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and future sales potential.
The BDM will be familiar with modern workspace collaboration concepts, practices, and procedures. They will rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish the goals. As part of an integrated team, they will work cooperatively with others in order to grow existing accounts and new business sales while displaying a natural wide degree of creativity and enthusiasm for the role, with the team, domestic and international business. Critically, they will understand what motivates customers to buy solutions and services and know how to fulfil those needs and desires in an effective way.
As a senior team member, they will work with other managers to continually improve overall processes and outcomes. They will be passionate about their work, very flexible, have a good sense of humour and a real "can do" positive leadership attitude
- Attending regular meetings in accordance with our clients’ consultation structure.
- A representative and well-groomed appearance.
- Maximum quality is pursued through personal contributions and a critical attitude.
- Participation in relevant courses offered by our client.
- Working in accordance with our clients’ standards and values, such as CIPP.
- Abiding by the prevailing procedures and working methods.
- Planning and executing sales and account management strategies in collaboration with the Operations and Engineering Product teams to deliver immediate and longer-term profitable revenues.
- Increase of managed services and support agreements and revenue across existing and new clients
- Provide input into Marketing team for delivery of timely collateral and associated materials to the business
- Attending industry vendor events as a company representative to obtain information that is formally shared with the wider company to support sales goals
- Representing at significant and relevant conferences, seminars and other PR activities as required, including but not limited to public speaking / presenting our clients’ value propositions and engaging/entertaining potential customers
- Implementation of client onboarding and assistance with invoicing and collections
- Providing excellent management and leadership to the wider team demonstrating a strong client focus whilst exhibiting company values
- Identifying and participating in personal development opportunities which will enhance their and the team’s ability to contribute to ongoing personal and company growth
- Fostering and developing an excellent team culture and exhibiting the appropriate behaviours which support our clients’ values
Required knowledge and skills:
- Extensive (3-5 years) successful sales and business development experience in a related industry
- Proven ability to speak both public and private in a professional, confident, and knowledgeable way
- Proven leadership capabilities
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written, within an organization.
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Has a continuous quality improvement philosophy and able to continually refine the necessary business processes applicable to the role.
- Skilled in negotiation
- Patient and able to handle customer rejection
- A very strong focus on achieving financial targets
- An ability to work with people at all levels and of mixed backgrounds and cultures
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to resolving complex problems
- An ability to work respectfully and collegially within a team environment
- A strong customer focus and excellent relationship-management skills
- An ability to cope with pressure, to operate effectively and to respond professionally to client challenges
- A readiness to acknowledge and accept responsibility
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- A good knowledge of modern workspace, AV and UC collaboration industry
- Previous experience selling related technical solutions and services into Corporate, Enterprise and Government both direct and through Partners