Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
New position has become available looking for an AV Systems Commissioner, who will be responsible for the setup and commissioning for our clients systems and projects. The AV Commissioner is accountable to the Head of Systems Integration.The primary duties of AV Systems Commissioner are:
• To carry out Pre-build rack works at our premises to an excellent standard
• To configure and program complex AV components including Audio DSPs, Matrices, network switches, etc
• To commission Crestron / AMX hardware including the deployment of firmware upgrades, IP addressing, etc. Please note that the programming itself is through our control system programmers
• To provide project details and equipment specifications to in-house and third-party control system programmers (Crestron / AMX) and provide assistance with control system programming and any control system issues
• To work closely with the control cystem programmers to ensure that key commands and functions are identified and co-ordinated
• To carry out system testing and configuration of systems prior to factory acceptance testing
• Preparing acceptance testing documentation prior to client or consultant factory acceptance tests conducted on our premises
• To assist in the second fix of AV, Broadcast and UCC systems on client sites to supplied design drawings and cable schedules and to the highest possible standards
• To set up, test and commission systems on site to meet the required standards
• Completion, and where appropriate, documentation of as-built version of configuration software for DSPs, Matrices etc
• In conjunction with the Project Manager to gather ‘on-site change’ information and site-specific details such as IP addresses, MAC Addresses, phone numbers etc and pass this information via a marked-up CAD drawing to the CAD draughtsmen for the production of as-built drawings.
• To provide technical support for all systems installed including technical advice to the client and other team members
• To provide, where necessary, technical support for on-site system maintenance, system repairs and modifications post-project completion.
• To provide technical information and support for the Sales, Installation and Project Management staff
• To undertake and complete in a timely fashion any technical or business specific training courses as instructed by your line manager
• To assist with onsite 1st fix activities when specific commissioning tasks are not scheduled
• Any other duties given by management
• Experience with configuring and programming with some or all of the following:
o Crestron (Configuration / Troubleshooting)
o AMX (Configuration / Troubleshooting)
• In depth Professional AV and/or Broadcast Television systems engineering knowledge.
• Communication skills – ability to deal politely and efficiently with customers both on the telephone and in meetings.
• Experience in fault-finding complex AV/IT/ Broadcast systems
• Experience in commission complex AV/IT/Broadcast systems
• IP Networking knowledge
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Current and clean Driving License.
• ECS or CSCS certification
• 2D CAD skills
• Infocomm CTS Certification (CTS / CTS-I / CTS-D)