Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
A new opportunity has become available looking for an AV Field Engineer to join an AV integrator who are supplying and servicing primarily central government agencies and local government. Ideal candidate must have at least 3 years experience and own a vehicle.Purpose of the Job:
To provide maintenance and installation services in support of audio and PC-based applications, primarily within the designated geographical area.
To provide on-site AV installation and commissioning service with the capability to act as lead engineer on some projects.
• To communicate professionally and positively to generate a strong working relationship with client staff and colleagues.
• To undertake remote 1st and 2nd line service calls, e.g. telephone diagnosis, in order to minimise any service disruption and service resolution times.
• To attend on-site maintenance and emergency calls to diagnose and rectify faults in order to return the system to full working order in such a manner that re-visits are avoided where possible
• To ensure that any snags or outstanding remedial works are escalated / followed up effectively
• Diagnose, report and rectify faults on Public Address and/or Public Address Voice Alarm systems
• PC software installation and fault diagnostics
• DSP Mixer (Biamp or QSC) configuration modification
• To install Audio-Visual Systems, either AV-over-IP or HDBT infrastructure, including cable routing and termination to high industry standards.
• To adhere to the company’s ISO Processes & Procedures to ensure timely completion of admin responsibilities.
Technical / Personal Specification:
• Must conduct every interaction with clients in a courteous, friendly and positive way.
• At least 3 years relevant experience within the audio-visual industry.
• Technically competent and confident in the audio and AV products especially DSP mixers & Public Address and Assistive Listening systems
• Educated to at least GCSE level and/or a recognised professional qualification or certified apprenticeship scheme.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Able to deal effectively with people at all levels and to explain technical issues to customers.
• PC literate with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
• Able to work under pressure and remain calm when faced with unexpected or stressful situations. Good level of organisational and time management skills.
• Clean driving licence with use of own vehicle insured for business use*
*Noting the Company offers mileage scheme rather than Company Car scheme