Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have a new opportunity looking for an Audio Visual and Interactive Technician who will be responsible for set up, operation, maintenance and repair of all audio visual, multimedia & interactive electronic display equipment and software used within our client’s venue. The AVI Technician will also be responsibility for installing, maintaining, and repairing of all multimedia / interactive media solutions utilised by our client across permanent and temporary exhibitions and live events.Hours: Full time, with occasional out-of-hours requirement
An ideal candidate will be familiar with a wide variety of equipment such as microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting, and sound mixing equipment. The AVI Technician will provide daily operational support as well as supporting technical elements of special event delivery and venue hire, at all times ensuring the very highest standards of service are maintained.
• Assist in the construction, maintenance, and repair of audio, visual and interactive (AV) exhibitions utilising a wide range of materials, equipment, and technologies, under the oversight of the AV Manager.
• Perform exhibition space maintenance and other daily operations across all areas of our client’s venue including upgrades and troubleshooting.
• Liaise with and supervise external contractors in the production and installation of electronics, audio visual and multi-media equipment and software development for exhibitions.
• In line with the Project Management Methodology, collaborate, from time to time, in cross functional teams to deliver specific projects and programmes of activity. Work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to bring together the skills and experience needed to deliver a wide range of shared initiatives and objectives.
• Assist in technical aspects of installing AV-related aspects of the exhibition (e.g., projectors, monitors, screens, sound systems etc.) when required.
• Make recommendations for new equipment purchase, system design, and facility utilisation, under the oversight of the AV Manager.
• Create and modify AV assets for delivery in the changing environment, and through Web platforms and via mobile devices, as required.
• Prepare technology for conducting and recording interviews, events, and performances according to our clients standards and procedures.
• Assist in the de-installation of AV-related aspects of the exhibitions, salvaging and stowing reusable technical materials and equipment.
• Document and assist in the management of the AV inventory of equipment, supplies, and materials on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain shared and storage areas in a clean, well-organised manner.
• Work in a manner safe to self and other people, following safety rules and safe working practices, and use equipment in accordance with responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Supervise preparation of prototypes for new exhibits in conjunction with Programming department and project teams.
• Assist in the preparation of multimedia projects for the online environment.
• Be able to perform remote testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LCD/Plasma Displays.
• Act as first line response to resolve a problem or identify resolution via appropriate vendor or manufacturer.
Training and / or supplementary courses completed in Audio, Visual or Interactives, Software Support, or associated areas advantageous.
• Audio, Visual, and Interactive multimedia solutions.
• Health & Safety procedures.
• High level of proficiency in full Microsoft and OS suites including PowerPoint and Keynote.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro (also Adobe After Effects or willing to learn); being adept in video encoding and basic editing.
• Awareness of Crestron enterprise-class control systems and Bright Sign media players.
• Basic knowledge of networking and DANTE audio connections.
• Being familiar with Panasonic PTZ camera system, AV-HLC100 production centre and auto tracking software.
• Grasp of live streaming technologies, video broadcasting software like OBS, online platforms like Zoom, Teams Live and Skype TX.
• Management of sound systems and audio processors with Yamaha MTX-MRX Editor.
• Understanding of DMX protocol and its application to remote control of intelligent lighting fixtures.
• Prior experience as an Audio, Visual and Interactives or Exhibition or Gallery Technician.
• An understanding of East Asian language, culture and history would be an advantage.
• Training users that may have limited audio / visual / software experience.
• Working to museum standards regarding AV-related activities.
• Exposure to relevant sector preferred (Museum, Gallery, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction, Heritage Destination or Tourism Development).
• Previous experience in a project environment desirable
• Capabilities & Qualities (& Work Environment)
• High business standard English language skills are essential.
• Other language skills are advantageous.
• Provides training and instruction to our clients community as needed.
• Ability to answer inquiries concerning the use of AV equipment including microphones, speakers, video screens, projectors, monitors, connecting wires and cables, and lighting.
• Work collaboratively with all staff and maintain effective communication regarding the needs, upkeep, and ongoing maintenance of AV.
• Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work, whilst paying attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.