Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client is recruiting for an AV Supervisor to work within their Client Services Team, forming part of the wider Business Services function and based at our clients Head Office in London. This position is a 12 month fixed term contact working directly with our client.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The team are looking for an experienced supervisor to provide an efficient and professional AV and filming/photography service to all clients (internal and external). You will have a genuine passion for AV, video technology and photography and be able to compose, shoot and edit a wide variety of imagery and video content to help project a consistent and coherent brand image for the firm. The role will be on a shift pattern of 07.30-18.00 and require some working outside the normal working hours when the firm requires.
The AV Team are an integral part of Client Services and are responsible for providing audio and visual media for meetings and events for the entire company. They are also are responsible for virtual meetings/events, video conferencing, video editing, filming and photography, publication of various recorded presentations and the TV distribution system.
The Client Services department comprises 32 individuals across 3 separate teams, this role will be joining the AV team of 5. The role will report into the AV Manager and have close interactions with the Digital team in Business Development and the rest of the Client Services department.
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below – there may be others which are not listed:
• To provide support to the AV manager and supervision to the AV team ensuring that the team work to the agreed standards
• Managing end-to-end requests for onsite filming and photography (including taking a brief, proposal creation, presentation of ideas and solutions, managing shoots and post production analysis and recommendations)
• Ownership of firm wide photography, including portraiture, events (internal and external), team photography and office and external environment
• Editing all photographs in Adobe Photoshop as required and in line with the brand guidelines, producing formats for print, website social media and more
• Setting objectives in collaboration with the key stakeholders and measurement of success against these post filming/photoshoot
• Leading logistical arrangements and liaising with the relevant internal teams, including business development, porterage, security, and technology
• Attending and contributing to team meetings
• Working with internal creative team on the design and production as required
• Checking all areas are clean, tidy and liaising with relevant persons to ensure standards are maintained
• Setting up and supporting virtual meetings and events, video and audio recording sessions for editing and production purposes
• Creating on-line training sessions using the Qumu platform to combine Video and Audio footage with PowerPoint
• Undertaking video editing of captured footage of recorded sessions using Adobe Premiere Pro where required, to provide a seamless, professionally produced video
• Advising and ensuring correct H&S and contingency procedures are adhered to at all times
• Building and maintaining a strong internal network with a variety of teams including the wider Client Services teams, Business Development and Technology
• Inspire, engage and guide the team towards delivering excellent five star customer service
• Responsible for the appearance and presentation of the team in keeping with the firms grooming guidelines
• Driving filming and photography best practice and share industry knowledge with the wider team
• Providing onsite support as part of the AV team as required. This may include the following tasks:
• Installing specified Audio/Visual equipment into rooms (such as projectors, screens, televisions, video players, DVD players, plasma screens, flip charts, whiteboards and video cameras
• Reporting faults to Audio Visual Manager and where necessary arrange with the service/maintenance provider to attend site to rectify
• Setting up Teams calls etc. in meeting rooms
• Providing room user support for the AV systems in the rooms and throughout the building
• Providing support and where required training on the Audio/Visual equipment to internal or external users
• Dealing with equipment requests and make/edit/amend bookings for equipment on Manhattan space scheduling
• Providing support for internal and external events onsite when Audio/Visual equipment has been set up.
CANDIDATE PROFILE //
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role within a professional services environment. We also require candidates to demonstrate:
• Advanced working knowledge and understanding of filming and photography equipment
• Advanced working knowledge and understanding of Audio Visual equipment
• Working knowledge of video and photography editing software such as Adobe Premier and Photoshop as well as experience in post-production and editing of video and photography
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot in a live event environment
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• A strong focus on adding value to the firm, remaining solution focused when dealing with challenges
• Supervisory experience, supporting with performance reviews and issues as required
• Ability to deal with multiple demands, including prioritising conflicting demands whilst remaining calm under pressure
• Ability to present ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
• A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions
• Meticulous attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively within the team, the wider department and stakeholders as well as independently
• Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively at all levels and demonstrate assertiveness as appropriate
• Resilience in dealing with demanding individuals and robust when faced with challenges
• Ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external clients
• Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
• High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics and self-awareness
• Well presented, requirement to wear uniform in line with the firms grooming guidelines
• Flexibility with hours when required
• Good knowledge and understanding of virtual events, streaming and collaboration platforms.