Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We have an exclusive opportunity looking for an AV Manager to be based on site at our clients award winning venue. This role is looking for a technically minded manager to lead live event operations and build a new AV department.Summary of Key responsibilities:
• To plan, monitor and oversee the Audio Visual operations in all commercial areas of the venue. To ensure that all of these areas are managed in the most effective way and to maximise profits whilst doing so.
• To provide innovative, modern and flawless AV experies to our clients and to ensure that such services are delivered to the highest standards.
• To inspire, develop and nurture the talent within the team in order to support a culture of continual development and service excellence to all our clients at all times.
• To liaise and coordinate with other key stakeholders any operational details required for a successful and unified delivery of our services.
• To manage labour resources according to business levels and within agreed budgets.
• To forecast labour cost on a weekly basis and to report negative variances from rota and timesheets when those occur.
• To monitor and plan for PPM costs accurately and to submit equipment general stocktake and review on a quarterly basis
• To plan the purchase of equipment improvements / innovations with proposals within set budgets, annual spend or against PPM replacements
• To seek and negotiate best pricing on products and service in relation to AV supply
• To assist the sales department on the creation of competitive AV packages to maximise our margins.
• To ensure that any additional chargeable AV service is relayed to the events team promptly for billing.
• To continuously improve and innovate the service and guest experience via the implementation and maintenance of standards and procedures.
• To attend daily, weekly operational meetings with other departments key stakeholders in relation to future activity.
• To ensure the AV facilities are functioning and set-up for client use, especially on self-servicing spaces with built in AV where there is no dedicated AV technician present.
• Manage the inventory of all AV assets, including all spares, cables, connectors, accessories and adapters.
• Manage the upkeep of all AV assets and connectors on areas of operation. This includes, a formal review of all assets each year, split into major and minor checks, in accordance with manufacturer manual. Ie cleaning of cooling fans in projectors and other equipment.
• Carry out minor repairs/replacement such as repairs of floor/wall/equipment connectors.
• Manage major repairs of all AV equipment via trusted/nominated suppliers.
• Manage AV contracts such as the PPM service contract for the cinema laser projector.
• Manage minor installs and deliver projects within agreed deadline and to agreed budget
• To seek external technical support where necessary to achieve customer requirements and ensure these are delivered to the venues and clients standards
• To ensure daily handovers are submitted and to escalate any issues as they occur.
• To ensure that storage locations, front of house setups and controls rooms are left in a tidy condition at the end of each day.
• Manage sundry resources such as batteries, lenses, consumables and uniforms.
• To manage any Freelance technicians on a "day-to-day" basis whilst they are working in the venue to ensure they are providing a flawless level of support to the venue clients.
• Ensure effective recruitment and retention of team members based on skills, personality, experience, development potential and professional behaviours.
• To ensure that all staff report on duty on time, and are dressed and groomed in the correct uniform in accordance with the staff handbook.
• Ensure suitable department inductions are in place and are being carried out.
• Manage our HR platform, including adding new starter, leaver on payroll system after carrying out all due diligence checks with HR.
• Manage employees holiday allocations, sickness and other absences in accordance with company policies.
• Complete/manage/forecast department rotas within agreed budgets/timelines whilst managing
employee’s contractual hours’ expectations.
• Submit timesheets into system weekly and within required deadline.
• Manage team performance, including carrying out investigation or disciplinary meetings in accordance with company policy when necessary.
• To attend any training courses that you are recommended to join, or that you feel would be beneficial to your career development.
• To periodically deliver on the job training sessions to junior team members.
• To ensure continuous development of all team members and in accordance with our training matrix.
• To ensure rising stars are being developed above and beyond current duties and that they form part of the department succession plan.
• Ensure performance reviews are carried out often and as determined by the company.
• Ensure any temporary staff receive adequate training and signoffs
Compliance and Administration:
• To ensure that all government legislation, regulations and licensable activities are adhered to, including but not limited to The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, Bribery Act, Premises License, GDPR, COSHH.
• Ensure all company and client policies and procedures are adhered to, including, but not limited to, Food Safety, HACCP, Health Safety, Security, Emergency Procedures, Personal Expenses, GDPR, IT, Allergens and Purchasing.
• To ensure that monthly PPM audits are carried out and reported to management on all commercial areas
• Ensue department due diligence documentations are in order and up to date at all times.
• To review risk assessments in conjunction with deputy general manager on a yearly basis.
• To act as a Health Food and Safety Champion and to attend any meeting in relation to it.
• To develop and manage relationship with all your suppliers.
• To carry out any reasonable requests that are asked by senior management.