Search Our Jobs:
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Thank you for viewing this role, due to the current situation this position has been put hold. However if you are interested in this opportunity and would like to register your details with our client please apply.
We are currently looking to appoint a permanent AV Technology Operations Manager to head up an AV projects team delivering AV products and service offerings. Ideally you will be experienced in the broader smart building, IT/AV sector.
Based in the City of London, the company provides IT, Physical Security & Audio-Visual services. Working across a wide range of industries, including financial services, technology, telecommunications, government media, hospitality and residential, we help leading global organisations plan, install and manage the smart building systems and infrastructure they need for productive workplaces, efficient data centres and connected homes.
• Oversee and own all AV projects or work packages and associated resources across the business, including Projects, Services and Maintenance workstreams ensuring financial targets are achieved.
• Recruitment (in conjunction with HR), assessment/approval, review and management of the AV technical resources (both internal and external) necessary to satisfy the above requirement.
• Act as the operational escalation point for all AV departmental staff.
• Lead and contribute to the technical design/design assurance and delivery of projects.
• Build and maintain relationships with suppliers/partners.
• Maintain knowledge within the AV technology workstream and to become a trusted AV advisor.
• Provide Technical/Operational pre-sales support to the business development teams when required.
• This role is key to ensuring a ‘right first time’ customer care focused culture is adopted throughout the team whilst simultaneously safeguarding our competitive position.
• Manage and mentor AV resources acting as their line manager and undertake annual reviews (supported by HR and Board Director) to develop a competent, skills-led team.
• Ensure training is identified and maintained to the required levels to support accreditations and customer requirements.
• To work with Operations/Resourcing department to create a rolling 6 month + work forecasts for forward planning, resource modelling and scenario planning.
• To work with Operations/Resourcing to create a competent quality-based approved partner list that provides business continuity assurance (Plan B).
Oversee Technical Project Managers delivering AV work packages ensuring that they:
• Work to common business defined processes and procedures.
• Maintain documentation quality.
• Maintain installation quality.
• Adhere to the financial reporting as defined by the business.
• Understand the AV Bill of Materials & Bill of Labour.
• Work within business defined control parameters to manage cost and quality.
• Engage with workstream/package project teams to ensure all technical resources are aligned with project requirements and timescales.
• Work closely with the Construction Management teams to ensure quality standards are being adhered to. This will take the form of regular on-site QA checks for all projects.
• Ensure technical compliance to employer’s requirements and provide compliance statements.
• Act as an integral part of the forward planning function, working with Ops to review resource requests and assign suitably qualified personnel to works on a weekly basis.
• Ensure all projects have undergone a detailed technical review and a validated scoping document.
• Assist with the production of Project Information Documentation.
• Ensure that all client requests (internal and external) are dealt with in professional and timely fashion.
• Ensure maintain appropriate industry accreditation.
• Provide a monthly management report and attend regular team meetings.
• Support presales with operational guidance and product approval to support the tender and bid process.
• Authorised Installation Partners
• Authorised Technology Partners
• 2nd Fix Technical Services Engineers
• 1st Fix Technical Services Engineers
• Rack Build
Experience, knowledge and skills:
• 10 years + experience in the AV Industry specifically focused on large commercial, educational installations and MDU.
• CTS / CTS-I / CTS-D or CEDIA Certified required
• Degree Qualification is desirable
• Possess an excellent technical knowledge of Electronics and AV systems from the ground up.
• Demonstrable experience in the implementation & support of smart building AV technology including but not limited to Crestron, Extron control and distribution systems, audio DSP and IP AV technologies, digital signage, IRS/SMATV, lighting control solutions, including planning, rack-build, installation, programming, testing & commissioning requirements.
• Demonstrable experience of project management processes and cost control.
• Managing & leading technical project delivery teams
• Extensive knowledge of Smart Building systems
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• IT literate, proficient MS Word, Excel, Visio and MS Project and CAD
• Team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with high attention to detail
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to work on own initiative
• Flexible approach to working hours; ability to work overtime as and when the business dictates
• Excellent customer care skills
• Commissioning & Project Engineers
• Technical Project Managers