Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Thank you for viewing this role, due to the current situation this position has been put hold. However if you are interested in this opportunity and would like to register your details with our client please apply.
This fantastic opportunity is based at a newly built facility looking for a Senior AV/IT Technician to take ownership AV event requirements. The Senior Technician will join the IT team and will also provide first and second line support for IT. This is a direct staff appointment with very good benefits.
To act as the primary resource responsible for providing Audio Visual (AV) services and equipment relating to events held by our client. To ensure the proper maintenance of fleet of IT and AV equipment (laptops, tablets, phones and AV kit such as LCD screens, projectors, video conferencing, speakers, cameras etc).
- Liaising and working closely with the Events team in delivering a first class AV service to internal and external clients
- Facilitate communications between clients and any 3rd party AV providers
- Be first in line to set up and break down AV services for events
- Trouble shoot and adjust AV or IT systems as required
- Ensure AV and IT kit is documented, professionally maintained and kept in good working order
- Keep operational ‘AV whiteboard’ within the IT department updated
- Provide first and second line IT support to all staff
- Onboarding / offboarding staff within line of business systems (phone, email, software etc)
- Maintain and support the fleet of devices used by staff and events (phones, tablets, laptops, screens, projectors, speakers, cameras)
- Basic system and network administration tasks – servers, workstations, switches etc
- Provide ad hoc training to staff for AV and IT kit usage
- Maintain IT documentation and user guides as necessary
- 3 years’ experience working in a diverse IT/AV technical support role
- Experience of coordinating AV for multiple concurrent events
- Experience dealing with VIP clients
- A demonstrable passion for AV or IT (either through certifications/education or experience)
- Sound knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
- Workstation and/or server administration experience (Windows, A.D. Exchange, SQL)
- MS Office power user
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Highly literate and numerate
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Friendly and approachable
- Can-do, customer focused attitude
- Willing to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours when required to keep up with event demand.
- Phone system admin experience
- Windows or Linux scripting or other coding experience
- An interest in any other IT specialism (e.g. A.V., IT security, coding, projects etc)
- Experience of video conferencing technology
- Experience with Crestron and/or Lutron systems