Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
New opportunity for a Senior Audio Visual Technician to work directly for our client in London. This role requires supervision of a team of technicians and any temporary/ freelance/agency technicians hired by the Audio Visual department.40 hours per week, 5 days over 7 days.
The role also requires setting up, operation and support of the audio-visual facilities (and users of those facilities) in the AV control room and all lecture theatres, meeting rooms and other spaces. The senior AV technician will work with two other senior AV technicians reporting to the AV manager.
• Providing first-line support, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification/repair of minor faults and problems as and when they occur and escalating faults to / and liaising with, the contracted service supplier when necessary.
• Liaising with clients both internal and external to provide advice and guidance for their audio visual requirements for future meeting and event bookings
• Providing first line of client contact for video production and live/on-demand streaming services including updating AV schedules, Rendezvous booking system, and assigning permanent or agency staff to cover the delivery of booked services.
• Liaising with the Education department regarding footage to be filmed and informing them of any issues. Keeping log of where footage is located and managing archived footage.
• Manage storage of all video/audio files with local and networked drives, ensure they are functioning and have adequate free storage space by archiving appropriate footage as well as deleting unnecessary content.
• Hands-on set-up, operation and de-rigging of AV equipment as and when necessary in support of the AV technicians.
• Video/audio editing as and when necessary in support of the AV technicians.
• Ensuring the agreed AV team standard video recording procedures (SOP) are met.
• Ensure AV resources and staff are always appropriately provided including creating the weekly schedule and staff rota in place of the AV manager if requested.
• Completion of installation, implementation and roll out projects of new equipment and services including training of AV technicians and other relevant staff/users.
• Contributing to development of in-house AV event technology and services by research using resources both on-line and printed, supplier/manufacturer meetings and industry seminars and shows.
• Maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of all AV rooms, stores and equipment.
• Supervising on-going preventative maintenance and routine servicing of AV equipment (including video production equipment) reporting maintenance and service issues to the AV manager or the contracted service supplier.
• Creation (and continual updating) of Standard operational procedures (SOPs) for AV services and operations.
• Updating and maintaining on line records and databases.
• Email management
• Undertake duties with a full understanding of the Health & Safety implications, attending H&S training where necessary
• Using all opportunities to promote and sell AV services including client show rounds and working with the 1 Wimpole Street marketing executive.
• To ensure the security of all AV equipment in the building whether owned by the Society or hired from nominated suppliers.
• To supervise the running of the AV department in the absence of the AV manager.
• Supervision of AV Technicians including conducting regular team meetings and ensuring all technicians are aware and trained on SOPs.
• Actively engage in recruitment including candidate selection, interviews and on-boarding of new AV team members (including agency staff).
• Feedback to AV manager on technician's performance.
• Other duties compatible with employment may be given by the AV Manager or Director of Support Services.
• Working closely with other Senior AV Technicians, and AV Manager
• Working with the Support Services Venue Sales Team and the Education Department to ensure efficient communication between clients both external and internal
• Working with 3rd party suppliers to ensure smooth combination of service provision from them and the in-house team for the client.
• Working closely with the AV service contract supplier to ensure they attend to contractually covered service issues.
• Identify and optimise opportunities for upselling AV services to internal/external clients – working closely with the events office and marketing executive.