Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This is a great opportunity for an AV Technician to gain experience setting up live corporate events. The Technician will also support audio visual services for our clients institute, with a particular emphasis on support for live streaming of events to the internet.Mon-Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm or 9.30am to 5.30pm 35 hour working week with some occasional overtime required.
This will often involve liaising with external researchers and practitioners unfamiliar with this technology. Working as a member of a three person AV group within the IT team, they will also provide audio-visual support to staff, research associates, contractors and interns. The post-holder will troubleshoot problem areas in a timely customer-oriented and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Audio-visual Support for events programme
• Support live web streaming, working on video or audio
• Make sure that all necessary resources are in place before each event
• Liaise with events team
• When required, provide AV support for events held externally
General AV Support
• provide technical support and advice on:
o Polycom systems
o Cloud-based video conference network
o Skype for Business conferencing
o Digital recording and format conversion
o Network connectivity
• Supervise video conferencing arrangements when required, liaising as necessary with external partners, DFID and commercial VC service providers and communications and programme staff.
• Oversee audio-visual facilities for conference and meeting rooms.
• Edit audio/video recordings promptly following events
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, and emails regarding AV software/hardware problems.
• Support other colleagues providing supplementary cover in the absence of other team members.
• Set up, configure and maintain videoconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, display screens, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment and troubleshoot as necessary
• Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Contribute to a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
• Respond promptly to incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup.
• Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make repairs as necessary.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AV equipment.
• Place orders for AV equipment and consumables; ensure that all AV deliveries are inspected upon receipt.
Filming and editing
• Film talking head videos using canon c100 and xf100 cameras
• Editing videos adding subtitles and basic animation using Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects
• Working with Digital Team, support our clients secondary project websites
Working with IT team
• Deputise for the AV services Officer when he is unavailable
• Actively participate in team meetings.
• Provide supplementary general IT Support as required, and assist with other IT tasks.
• Excellent technical knowledge of video conferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware.
• Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects
• Telestream Wirecast
• Experience of web-streaming technology
• Hands-on AV troubleshooting experience.
• Experience as video camera person
• Familiarity in using mixing desk (virtual or analogue)
• Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required.
• Understanding our clients goals and objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to provide an exemplary service to our clients staff, visitors and stakeholders
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to present ideas in a professional and positive manner
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks
• Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Good knowledge of Windows-based PC and Mac systems.
• Familiarity with website CMS software, including WordPress
• Willingness to learn new areas of work
• Should be a results-oriented self-starter
• Technical qualification in support for audio-visual systems.
• Experience with website setup and content management systems
Key Relationships and Contacts
Internal: Head of IT and Facilities, Other Staff
External: External support company staff, external visitors
All staff are expected to:
• Positively support equality of opportunity both with internal employee and externally customers
• Help maintain a safe working environment and take responsibility for own and colleagues’ Health and Safety
• Undertake such other duties within the scope of their post as may be asked by their manager