Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are looking for a client-facing, technically competent technician who can share both the BAU and more advanced operations required within the primary meeting spaces. The main focus of the role will be on the planning and support of the major events taking place within the three primary meeting spaces. However it will also be a requirement to deliver, set up and collect smaller/portable items of AV equipment to facilitate BAU type of meetings.Duties to include:
• Planning, delivery and operational support of meetings and events within the 3 primary meeting spaces
• Setting up, breaking down and operating equipment within the venue’s smaller meeting rooms
• Responsible for ensuring that the equipment is safe to use
• Provide such assistance to the in-house lectures team to ensure a successful event is delivered.
• Provide advice and support to the in-house sales team and to clients, both current and prospective, in respect of the capabilities of the audio visual systems available and to offer advice on the smooth running of an event from a technical/presentation perspective
• To ensure any additional staff/equipment is ordered and available as required by the client for specific events.
• To scrutinise bookings system on a regular basis to ensure that any recent/late additions (or cancellations) are covered and recorded.
• Mandatory attendance at weekly planning meeting with other departmental staff to ensure advance planning and knowledge sharing in respect of upcoming events
• To have good troubleshooting skills to identify source of any equipment/systems faults
• Should be able to demonstrate an aptitude towards providing a high level of customer service
• Should have at least five years experience working as an Audio Visual technician in an event environment and have experience of camera-work/mixing, sound operations, lighting and display technologies and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
• IT literate with an understanding of networks
• To be well organised and flexible and to be able to approach different tasks during the working day
• Willing to work with other members of the in-house team.
• Always present a positive image to the customer
• Smart attire while customer facing
• Ability to work under pressure
• A flexible approach to the working day
• An excellent communicator confident in dealing with people at all levels