Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
A new opportunity for a Field Service Engineer To provide engineering support services in the field: to include troubleshooting, installation and preventative maintenance of audio visual systems including but not limited to VC / AC / UC, projection, pro audio, video, multi room AV and networks. Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies.
Installation and servicing of systems in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure minimum down time and maximum performance
▪ Perform preventative & reactive support & maintenance visits as required.
▪ To provide accurate, detailed and timely reports / ticket updates to the managed service helpdesk.
▪ Responsible for accurate tracking on service/installation tickets and inventory items.
▪ Maintain and update support documentation as required.
▪ Test and Commission the systems with support from the delivery team.
▪ To ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support.
▪ Train and instruct the customer on the proper use of the equipment.
▪ To perform any other actions and responsibilities as reasonably requested by company management
▪ Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
▪ At least 5 year's experience of production and wiring methods and carried out previous installation and support work in the electrical / AV / VC & IT industry
▪ Experience of working with: Crestron, AMX, Cisco, Polycom, Biamp, QSC, Extron, Lightware, Cyviz, NEC, Samsung
▪ A good understanding of AV systems and electronics
▪ Strong ability to work alone and on own initiative
▪ Be organised, flexible and able to approach different types of tasks during the working day
▪ Ability to read and understand technical literatures
▪ High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
▪ Must be physically fit
▪ Be willing to work in and around the UK and any site globally
▪ Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (to intermediate level)
▪ Positive with a ‘can do' attitude, able to multi-task effectively
▪ Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline
▪ Team player, flexible and adaptable approach
▪ Full, clean driving licence
• Good communication skills, able to interact with colleagues and customers effectively
• Self-motivated, target driven and well organised
• Ability to manage and control conflicting demands on time and activity
• Team work; able to create and maintain effective working relationships; provides support and assistance to the team, shares experience, knowledge and best practices
• Problem solving; able to produce effective solutions; identifies and solves issues proactively; understands requirements of the role
• This role requires one hundred percent focus on and adherence to the company policy on health and safety in all aspects of work.
• You will maintain high levels of customer service through on-site attendance and remote technical support