Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Great opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join a leading visionary in AV integration. Reporting directly to the Technical Service Manager, FSE will be responsible for providing support to our client’s service contract customers.Overview:
Location: Predominantly London area with travel to other parts of UK
Report to: Technical Service Manager
Benefits: Private Health Care, Company Van, Laptop and Smartphone
1) Carry out scheduled maintenance visits in line with the Service Contracts level agreement, including administration of asset registers which must be updated following each preventative maintenance (PM) visit and fed back to the After Sales Coordinator.
2) Carry out all service visits as required, with reference to any agreed response time, including timely completion of Service Report and feedback to customer and After Sales Coordinator.
3) Carry out any necessary repair works on-site as appropriate and complete necessary paperwork and communication with the After Sales Coordinator.
4) Liaise with After Sales Coordinator in regards to all incoming Service Calls logged and attend bookings and feedback to After Sales Coordinator.
5) Attend follow up service visits: Document and monitor any outstanding issues and communicate with After Sales Coordinator to organise completion within the schedule and to best meet customer expectations.
6) Tracking & Reporting: Complete and present your paperwork to the After Sales Coordinator and keep information up-to-date and accurate.
7) Out of hours cover: Normal working hours are as per contract, with the addition of an out of hours on call rota requiring service cover 24 hours a day for 7 days, in a period not more than once in 3 weeks in normal circumstances.
8) Any other duties as required by your line manager.
Qualification and Experience:
We are looking for a person with proven Audio Visual and IT skills preferably in a service environment.
Successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
At least 2 years’ experience in a service engineering role
Prior experience in the Audio Visual and Technological industry
Proactive approach and able to react quickly and calmly to customer demands
Ability to work well independently
Must have an excellent understanding of integrated Audio Visual systems, their maintenance requirements, and the software and hardware that comprise them.
Attention to detail and methodical in record keeping with meticulous and proven organisational skills
Home location to suit service area
Manage your own work and travel time to meet deadlines and keep to daily schedule
Physically able to complete our service duties which involve manual handling and a daily schedule across multiple sites.
Full clean driving licence (minor points will be considered)
Intermediate understanding of Crestron and AMX Programming. The ability to define a fault as hardware or software, able to make minor changes to service codes. e.g. In the event of replacement hardware.
Although not required, it would be an advantage to be able to demonstrate the following:
Degree level education in a practical engineering degree
Have achieved some form of CEDIA accreditation
Have achieved some form of InfoComm accreditation
Have achieved some form of Crestron, AMX accreditation